My Happiness

Chapter Twelve: My Happiness.

"No matter how angry you get, you always end up forgiving the people you love."

Halaat's POV.

I got up early in the morning, Adam still asleep. I decided to go take a shower and wash my hair. After the shower I prayed my morning prayers. I decided to sit on the sofa beside the bed and read the Quran, after finishing reading I instantly fall asleep.

Adam's loud tensed voice woke me up, he is abusing in Arabic. I wonder who he is talking to. I sat upright and starred at him pacing back and forth talking on the phone. I kept quiet and observed Adam's furious eyes and rage. After he hang up the phone, he sat on the bed and sighed.

"Assalam alaykum," I said in a calm  voice.

"Walikum Salam," he replied forcefully. Silence took over and he went to the bath room and slammed the door. What could have possibly made Adam so furious? I went to the kitchen and started making breakfast, maybe breakfast could cheer him up. I set the table and placed the plates.

Adam walked passed me like a ghost and left the penthouse on the elevator. Why did he leave without saying anything? Was I just a lifeless mannequin? Maybe his reason will justify his actions.

Hours went by and I was left in the pent house all alone and bored. I missed my sister she would have made my day brighter. I decided to call her and talk her. Oh the excitement in her voice and the endless questions. I knew she was excited to talk to me so was I. After the one hour phone call conversation.

My mood got better but Adam's actions haunted me. It kept me wondering, what have I done to deserve that. I ordered room service and had my lonely lunch. I thought it was going to be better, after the memories we made yesterday. It was almost quarter to five, when I got a call from Adam. I picked up the phone and remained silence.

"Assalam alaykum," he spoke seriously.

"Walikum Salam," I replied.

"I am in Abu Dhabi, we found out who the culprit is. Sorr ..."

I hang up the phone. I couldn't help it, who the fudge does that? Leave without goodbye nor explanation. Does he think I am an employee that he hired to marry him. And he is in Abu Dhabi, what?

My day was lonely but I managed. Obviously his love for work comes first. So many emotions going through me and I started feeling light headed. Tears started coming out from my eyes, I am not used to being alone. I slept on the sofa and eventually fall asleep...

Adam's POV.

I got a phone call early in the morning, that informed me who the culprit is. The one behind all the company's losses. It's my best friend Ali. I didn't believe them at first, but all evidence pointed to him. And I went through it carefully and everything fall in place. Ali is the culprit.

We have been friends since we were children playing together, studied together and we had our fights but our friendship always came first. He is the brother I never had. Him and his family lives in Abu Dhabi. So I had to go see him, oh how I wish it wasn't my 'brother'.