Always With You

Chapter Eighteen: Always With You.

I don't know what's going to happen to us. I can't read the stars. But I do know this: I am all in, Here and now, until I am dead in the dirt. No matter how difficult it gets, or how desperately the world tries to tear us apart, I'll be yours.

Three Months Later ...
Halaat and Adam have already settled into their new home. Halaat is three months pregnant and the baby is healthy. They have been going for checkups and everything is okay. Halaat and Adam have gotten to know each other even more and their love is set concrete. Well they decided they don't want to know the gender of the baby. Though Adam has a feeling it's a baby girl. They are doing just fine as a married couple and soon to be parents.

Halaat has been busy with the nursery and obsessing over baby clothes. Halaat and Adam are still deciding on the name of their baby. Adam's company in Dubai is doing just fine due to the investment. The investor was actually Halaat's dad partner in business. He was Halaat's father best friend. 

There is something wrong with Halaat she has been 'different' lately. She hasn't been eating well and remember her back pain. It's gotten worse. What's wrong with her?

Adam's POV.
"Halaat you're going to be okay, Halaat stay with me," I said petrified.

8 hours earlier

Halaat's POV.

"Adam don't forget we have to go to the doctor today for the ultrasound," I yelled from the kitchen.

"Hayati I won't forget I promise. I'll come pick you up," he said while walking towards me.

"I don't know why you insist on taking me."

"Because I want to be with my wife and make her happy."

"You know what would make me happy..." I said.

"Halaat we talked about this," he said in a serious voice.

"Adam it was one time," I tried to reason out. I told Adam that I wanted to drive and I almost got into an accident, I drove on the wrong lane and ever since he never lets me drive. But it wasn't my fault, Ayat was sending me pictures of cute baby cribs. And this is why people say don't text and drive. I learnt my lesson.

"Halaat," he said seriously.

"Okay fine."

"You don't have to cook Halaat, you know I hired a chef so you wouldn't have to cook," he said.

"Adam it's not fair! You don't let me do anything. I am bored at home there's nothing to do, I can't sit around for six months doing nothing. I am pregnant Adam not paralysed. I feel so useless I can't even work, UGH!" I screamed at him. He walked over to me, grabbed my waist and pulled me close to him. Adam looked at me in the eyes and smirked. Why was he smirking? I could feel his steady breathing and his calm heartbeat, he was so close to me.

"I'll pick you up at four o'clock," he said while looking in my eyes. He kissed me on the forehead and left for work. I hate it when he does this, he makes me feel so powerless. I know he does it on purpose so I can shut up.