Surprise!

Chapter Seventeen: Surprise!

Halaat's POV.

I woke up early in the morning to pray. After prayers I went back to sleep.

"Halaat wake up," I heard a familiar voice," Halaat."  I awoke only to find Adam on the bed. I hugged him. I thought it was a dream but it wasn't. Adam is here with me. I kissed Adam and he kissed me back.

"But you told me you were coming on Friday," I said.

"Well I didn't want to miss my wife's birthday so I decided to surprise you," he said.

"My birthday?" I asked confused.

"Hah Halaat you forgot your own birthday," he said while laughing.

"Nooo, okay yes I did," I said in a low voice.

"Don't worry hayati," he said and kissed me on the forehead. I hugged him and I told him that I missed him. He laid on the bed and I too laid next to him. We faced each other. All I did was look at his grey eyes that always seem to intrigue me. We looked at each other, no words needed. Our eyes were doing the talking.

"Adam," I said his name.

"Naam hayati?"

"Well we have never discussed about children," I told him.

"What about them?" He asked still looking at me.

"I mean we haven't discussed our lives when we have a baby," I said.

"What is there to discuss Halaat. Our child will have a clumsy mother and the most handsome father," he said in a jokey voice.

"Adam I am serious."

" Okay okay, I was just joking. All I know is I am going to love my child very very much and care for him or her. I will make sure that the mother and the baby is always happy that will be my goal everyday to make sure they smile. Halaat having a child with you will be the greatest and the most beautiful thing that has ever happened in my life," He said and kisses me on the forehead.

I took his hand and placed it on my tummy and waited for his reaction. I could see his eyes light up and a smile spread across his face. He got out of bed and started and walking back and forth.

"What's wrong?" I asked worriedly.

"Are you pregnant?" He asked.

"Yes I am," I said.

"I am sorry it's just that I am so happy, I don't know what to say."

"It's okay Adam," I said assuring him. He sat on the bed and I sat next to him. I knew something was bothering him.

"Are you okay?" I asked him.

"What if I am not a good parent?"