e i g h t e e n

The ride back to the mansion clouded the whole car with thick tension.

I'm devastated when realization shoves me strongly at my back that there are lots of men out there who treats females like a trash. The thought is really sickening. I sneak a glance to the man beside me.

The Don's countenance is unreadable but his body expresses otherwise. He is really stiff and tensed and he seems to be controlling his anger. Theo on the other hand, didn't ride with us and was left to the metropolis to take care of the matter. The enraged look of Theo was enough to tell me the old man's future.

I wonder why that incidence is affecting him since what the pathetic old man has done to me is almost similar to how he treated me. Was he enlightened of his own wrong doings after he witnessed me being maltreated? Did he saw the resemblance of his doings? I hope so and I hope the realization kicked him right to his gut.

"Stop staring at me." My eyes blinks slowly and the realization that I have been staring at him for awhile made me go crimson from embarassment. I turn my head immediately straight ahead but in the corner of my eyes I can see the Don smirking.

"I know I'm beyond attractive but you don't have to make it too obvious." My head snaps back to him to deny it but my words are stuck in my throat when he moves his large hand rubbing to my leg.

"Talk back to me and I swear you'll regret it." He speaks lowly but the amusement is still clear in his eyes.

His palm moves under my dress and slowly he runs it on my naked skin travelling further up making me more flustered. So, I courageously removes his hand from his indecent touch and to my relief he didn't say a word from it, but I noticed a widening grin to his face. Jerk.

I mentally scoff. Atleast he isn't in a bad mood now. This man switches his mood so quick that it can actually give you a headache.

An awkward silence fills the vicinity of the car leaving me with my thoughts again.

To my dismay, the long ride and the close proximity from the Don inside this small space of the car causes me to be more sensitive to my thoughts. I tend to overthink when I try to distract myself and this is one of the attributes I don't like about myself.

Thought rambles inside my mind, whirling myself into confusion. In times like this, questions that I have burried for a reason pops out like a clear picture inside my head.

Why did they made me a slave?

What's my father's connection to all of these?

Does my mother knew all about these? Why did she betrayed me and pushed me right into the lion's den?

Who's Trinity?

What will my future be?

What is the Don's plan for me?

The questions pounded my mind into a pulp causing a throbbing ache in my head. I surreptitiously rub the bridge of my nose away from the sharp eyes of the Don. My chest starts to tighten again with the headache starting to intensify. The temperature seems to drop as the air coming out the aircon unit of the car is suddenly too cold for my already clammy skin.

The combination of the sudden sensations makes my anxiety to rise. Plus the small confinement of the car doesn't help with the budding panic that is starting to grow inside of me.

The thought of the pills that brought me out of my misery makes me want it badly. I believe I need to see the Doctor again to get the pills that will relieve my stress. I need those pills..I need it--