Chapter 29

Life sucks. Jackson won’t talk to me. Chloe’s hormonal. Beck is going back to his old habits. And Blake is nowhere to be found.

          I barely get out of bed and when I do, I end up going right back.

          During dinner I sat at the table, staring at my plate and not moving. Jackson didn’t say anything and Chloe was too busy eating like she’s never ate before. Her stomach expanded a lot and she finally looks pregnant. Jackson seems more than thrilled with the baby, being extra cautious around Chloe in case he ‘hurts the baby’.

          The doorbell rang but no one made a move to get it. After it rang again, Jackson stood up and stormed towards it, seeming angry for some reason. The door opened and then slammed shut just as fast as it opened.

          Jackson came back into the room, kissing Chloe and then finishing his food. I watched them in envy, trying to hide it when the doorbell rang again. Everybody ignored it so I carefully stood up and moved towards it, trying not to hurt myself any more than I already have.

          The doorbell rang as soon as I opened it and the first thing I saw was purple. It reminded me of the bruises that haven’t yet healed. I looked up and saw the most beautiful face in the world; my mate.

          I cautiously smiled, looking down at the flowers in confusion and trying not to jump in joy from him being back.

          “Hey, Rain.”

          “Hi.” I greeted, smiling kindly. I tucked some hair behind my ear and wished my face had healed faster.

          “Um, these are for you.” He handed me the flowers, but I was too shocked to take them.

          Why would he want to give me flowers? It’s not my birthday. It’s not any holiday. How did he know purple is my favorite color? What is going on?

          “What?” I asked, staring at the flowers. There’s no way he would get me flowers. No guy has ever given me flowers before.

          “These are for you. I know you’re shocked, but I’ve really miss you, Rain. I can’t keep doing this to either of us.”

          I shook my head, closing my eyes and trying to remember waking up this morning. I know I did, I actually showered today. So why is this happening?

           “Are you going to take them?”

          I cautiously took them, looking down at the beautiful flowers in my hand. I wouldn’t want any other man to give me flowers.

          “Thank you.” I choked out.

          “Of course. I got your favorite color, but no flower I chose would be as beautiful as you.” He smiled, shoving his hands in his pocket and for once looking happy.

          I couldn’t stop smiling and a happy giggle even escaped. I know he’s hurt me in the past, but I love him and as long as he’s willing to love me back, there’s no problem.

          “Do you want to come in?” I asked, feeling bad for not offering earlier. Yeah, Jackson’s still mad at him, but if I asked him nicely, he would surely let Blake stay. He could never say no to me.

          “Um, actually I wanted to take you out. Do you want to?” he asked confidently, like he already knew the answer. I looked up at my perfect mate, feeling the happiest I’ve ever felt in a long time and nodding my head.