Chapter 12 Stay

•Day of The Christmas Party•

Song of Chapter “Say Something." By A Great Big World ft. Christina Aguilera

Cassandra:

I parked in front of the Mahone Residents, Robert coming out from the huge house. We both hugged just like at the airport in April, a smile spreading across my face.

He introduced me to Naomi, which can I say, is such a sweet, amazing girl that Robert loves dearly. We both walked inside, everyone's eyes falling on me. I got hugs from everyone, including Mama, Aunt Lisa, and Grandad, btw I missed Mama's hugs so much, so welcoming and comforting. We made our way into the kitchen, snacking on small things, I excusing myself to use the rest room, finishing up pretty quickly, admiring myself in the mirror.

Red and White stripped Dress, the skirt being solid black, along with a Grey and Black meshy cardigan and black booties.

I left the bathroom, walking back into the kitchen where I got to know  Aunt Lisa and Grandad a little more, which can I say are one of the nicest people I've met, along with Austin's little cousin, Adam who was the most cutest thing ever.

There was a knock at the door, in opening Camila and Austin,

holding hands. kissing.

“Cassandra." Austin said quietly, I biting my lip.

Robert lied.

“I Thought you told me they broke up?" I turned to Robert, sorrow filling his face. “Cas I'm sorry it was a mista-"

“Save it. If you'll excuse me I have to leave. Thank you for having me Ms.Mahone, Grandad, and Lisa." I say, excusing myself from the table.

I ran past Camila and Austin, getting into my car an driving off.

Mistakes My Ass.

I've been sitting at this cliff for about 3 hours, staring out onto the sky. There was a beach next to the cliff, the moonlights reflection hitting the sun, bouncing off of the cliff and onto my face. “Cassandra," I didn't bother turning, knowing it was Austin.

I'm Sorry." He sat next to me, looking at me. “Why?"

“Why What?"

“Oh Austin you know damn well why. Why you cheated on me. Why you hurt me. Why you betrayed me. Why you stole my heart."

“I couldn't bear losing someone as special as you. that's why." “What do you mean? We had such a great relationship, and now it's all gone."

he sighed, continuing.

“I had a girlfriend, before our relationship that I never told anyone about because it was our secret. She made me fall in love with her, so hard it was painful. We were mad about each other. sneaking out, partying, spending almost every second of the day together. Then one day, it stopped. frequent texting turned into unsent texts, favourite calls turned into unknown number.

She never spoke to me and I don't even know where she is. That's why. She left me. And I didn't want to be left.

Again."

I looked at him, tears in his eyes, I frowning.

“My life, has been so different without you. I don't wake up the same. I don't act the same. I've changed. And the worst thing is seeing someone I love, love someone else. Every time I told Sam I loved him, I didn't mean it because inside me, inside my heart, it told me you love Austin. I never loved him like I loved you. And that's what sucks. Once the love is gone, it's hard to find it again." I said, tears slipping off of my eyelashes.