chapter 2: Fiancée

*unedited so it contains lots of grammar mistakes*

His eyes dug into my soul as he impatiently waited for an answer. His lips mouthing 'say yes'.

"Uh.." I mumbled, biting my lip in a desperate attempt to bring myself back to reality. It wasn't working, this wasn't a nightmare, this was real. I was actually getting proposed to by a total handsome stranger who looked desperate enough to make me actually say yes. He shut his eyes but his face continued to face me.

I felt something tug in my heart and my mouth parted slightly. "Yes" I blurted and my eyes widen in horror. His eyes snapped open and he was as shocked as I was. He looked down for a moment until his eyes landed on my legs. Whilst people around him celebrated, he was interested in my legs instead. I cursed under my breath at the fact that I just said yes to a random proposal where the guys a total pervert.

"You're bleeding" the guy breathed as his fingers wrapped around my leg. He moved in closer and lifted my dress up ever so slightly and pressed his thumb against my cut. His cold touch made my body tingle and I squealed in shock.

"What are you doing, are you serious right now?!" I hissed, slapping his hands but they wouldn't budge. I glanced around me and people gave us odd looks. Oh God, this is so embarrassing. The guy cleared his throat and finally stood up and holy carrots he was tall.

"Ah" he laughed "the ring". He quickly pulled the ring out of the box and grabbed my hand. He looked me in the eye and a smirk crept up on his lips. He slipped the ring on my finger and the crowd went wild.

"Kiss!" A voice yelled from the back and I almost stumbled over.

The handsome guy wrapped his arms around my waist tightly, and pulled me closer. Before I could proceed this his lips pressed against mine. His eyes were closed tight.

My eyes began to close and this kiss felt so damn real. I was mesmerised. I felt a sudden sting on my lower lip and it was him trying to shove his tongue down my throat. hell no. I snapped back to reality and bit his lip causing him to pull away wincing in pain. He shot me death threats.

"Ah how lovely" an middle aged woman spoke as she approached us. "It's so nice to finally meet you" she said "although I would've liked it to have been before you both got engaged"

I gave her an awkward smile. The smile that said 'I have no idea what's going on but I'm just going to play with it'. My 'fiancée' stood by my side with his arms resting on my waist.

"Mom, it's not her fault" he said. The 'mother' nodded and gave him a smile.

"Yes Liam, I know! It's all yours. You just wanted to keep her all to yourself!" She said whilst laughing. My fiancée faked a laugh and glanced at me.

"all to myself" He repeated after her.

"So, aren't you going to introduce us?" his mom asked, raising her eyebrows. 'Liam' looked at me and realisation finally hit him that he has no idea who I am.

"babe, why don't you introduce yourself?" he asked in between his teeth with a kind smile. I faked a smile

"but really you should introduce us to each other" I replied back, battering my eyelashes at him. He tusked quietly before nudging me to do it.

I stumbled forward and shot him a death stare. If looks could kill, he'd be at the morgue right now. I cleared my throat and began to speak. "My name is Adeline, Adeline Carter".

The mom grinned with joy "well Adeline, I'm Julie but please do call me mom now that you are the member of the family!" she giggled with delight. I felt a pang of guilt for faking it in front of a woman who believes this is all real. what have I gotten myself into?