10 | A BROKEN FAMILY

Heyo.

Remember to comment or vote your appreciation. I'd love to know what my readers think of this story. Is it getting boring? To similar? Not enough of one character? I need you guys to let me know if this story is on the right track. Thanyou for your love!

Enjoy.

The Taylors had been waiting with Zoe until the sun had long ago said goodbye, yet she still hadn't woken

The Taylors had been waiting with Zoe until the sun had long ago said goodbye, yet she still hadn't woken. Leon and Luca had ventured to the café shops on the ground floor and ordered everyone's dinner which was now settling happily in their stomachs.

Bea had gone with Elliot's car and the excuse of work the next day but left with her best wishes for Zoe. Since the hospital was so far away from their town it would be unlikely for Bea to return. She would applaud the little girl for her bravery when she was safely home again.

Bella was an impatient individual and her persona shined through especially when it was well past her bed time. She was engaged in a slow reacting game of snap with everyone but her mother, who would not leave her daughters side.

None of the children knew what state Zoe would be in. When Mari had tried to explain about her daughter's memory and sight issues, she couldn't get the words out. Now Mari was regretting withholding information.

Mari was clutching Zoe's hand while simultaneously stroking her hair. It had been difficult to get Mari to swallow even half of her dinner, but Elliot had given a reason to eat the nutrients that even Mari couldn't deny.

Bella had just slapped her hand aggressively on the table to win half her siblings cards when a low whine came from the bed. Everyone had heard the small pitiful noise and stopped their game.

Bella jumped from her seat and rushed to Zoe's bedside. Hollie and Leon followed suit but the others stayed spread around the room to help lessen Zoe's panic when she woke fully.

Zoe was sprawled in the bed, blankets up to her chin to keep her warm in the chilly air-conditioned hospital. The tube initially in Zoe's throat had been removed and a tiny oxygen tube went in each nostril instead. A drip hung beside her bed, rhythmically flushing any lingering medication out of Zoe's system.

"Zoe?" Mari whispered so softly that Bella could only just hear it herself.

Zoe's eyes peeked open slowly, like it caused her great pain to do so.

"Zoe?" Bella tried this time but Zoe still didn't respond. Her eyes flickered around the room, too fast for her to be able to actually see.

"Zoe, baby, I'm right here," Mari comforted by squeezing her hand softly and bringing it to her lips. She knew her daughter was about to figure out something was wrong, and that was if she even remembered who she was.

"M-m-m-mu-mummy?" Zoe coughed out. Her throat was as dry and scratched as sandpaper which made it was difficult to get words out.

Mari visibly sighed in relief once she heard her name come from her daughter's lips. She even let a little laugh escape for her happiness.