Chapter 1

Bek~

I was walking through the market eating an apple, when I saw a green dress that would be perfect for my little sister, Zaya, for today's coronation. I crept up to the dress and examined it for a moment. I started to remove the dress from the rack when I saw I had been caught. So instead of leaving the dress as it was, I stole it and ran.

"Theif!"I heard the store owner call me. Way to state the obvious! I ran all the way home, losing the people who were chasing me. I walked inside, with the dress behind my back, and I saw my sister trying on a dress she's had since she was fourteen. She turned and smiled at me when she heard the door close.

"This dress is hopeless. I need to buy some ribbon to even begin to make it suitable for the coronation."Zaya said with a sigh. Her and this coronation!

"I say that we spend tomorrow together instead."I suggested to her. She knows I hate these type of things.

"We are spending tomorrow together. At the coronation. We're blessed the Gods shall give us a new king in our lifetime."she replied clutching to the necklace our father had given her as a goodbye present. He gave us both one, but I refuse to wear mine. I mean why should I even bother wearing a gift from someone who only saw my sister and I as mistakes because we weren't sons?!

"Horus? You know I couldn't care less about the Gods."I said to her.

"Well they care about you."Zaya stated.

"Oh yeah?"I said snapping her dress from her hands.

"Bek! Give it back."she commanded. Instead of giving her back the dress she originally had, I gave her her new one.

"I knew you wanted to wear something special." She smiled at me and went behind the changing curtain to change.

"Did you steal it from a shopkeeper or someone's closet?"she asked.

"It was quicker than waiting for the Gods to answer my prayers."I said not answering her question.

"The Gods give us everything we need."Zaya said looking stunning in the new dress.

"Yes. There generosity knows no bounds."I said sarcastically. "You look beautiful little sister."I complimented her. "Zaya, when our mother died and we had to leave our home, I promised you a good life. Dresses worthy of a princess. A new one everyday. Rivers of jewels to adorn you. A golden palace to raise our families."I rambled. I heard Zaya chuckle a little.

"And how many children would we each have in our families?"Zaya asked.

"A dozen each. You know I would do anything to make you happy sister." She smiled.

"Is that what you are wearing to the coronation?"she said noticing my dress.

"Yes I am Zaya." I said to her.

"Well if you are going to wear that then let me at least try to manage your curls."Zaya said messing with the back of my hair. I sighed.

"Deal. Just no girly things in my hair."I pleaded.

"No promises." I could sense the smirk forming on her lips. Dear Gods!