Chapter 11

Bek~

"Set has Ra's spear. He's drawing Apophis to the Nile, the source of all life."

"Why?"I asked.

"To drink it. To destroy all creation. Ra isn't dead. And only he can make this right. But he needs his spear."Horus explained.

"So how do we get it back?"I asked once more.

"Maybe it's time we go fishing."Horus said. I smirked.

"Well I happen to be quite good at that."I stated. We went inside Zaya's former master's home. We found him praying on his balcony.

"Builder."Horus said grabbing his shoulder and obviously scaring the man. "We have need of you." Urshu showed us to a place where we could see Set's supposed gift to Ra.

"It is the single greatest architectural achievement that ever was and ever will be."Urshu said as the elevator began to move. "My....I mean, Lord Set's obelisk stands exactly 2,220 cubits tall. And not a rod off. Built from seven billion blocks of granite, five billion slabs of Tura limestone, and nine billion talents of gold."

"And the lives of how many slaves?"I questioned through gritted teeth. Urshu snapped his towards me. Horus looked at me questionably.  

"5,930."he answered. He then took notice of the necklace around my neck. "No, wait. Make that 5,931." I went to attack him and I would have if Horus hadn't stopped me.

"Don't. You need him to get to the roof." Horus patted my shoulder and then looked up. "I'll see you up top." He then began his own descent, separate from mine. I caught Urshu staring at my chest.

"I suggest you stop staring or else I will cut your head off."I threatened.

"You stood beside him as if he was your lover. Oh, I know how it feels. Love of a God. It's intoxicating."

"Horus doesn't love me."I stated. However, for some reason, I wish he did.

"Ah, but you love him, don't you?"

"You shouldn't speak of words you don't understand."

"I'm sorry you picked the wrong one to follow." I rolled my eyes.

"He's improving."

"Your sister's still dead, isn't she? Shame. Such a pretty girl. Such lovely skin." I went to hit him, but my hand hit hard metal and he kicked me to the ground.

"Riches for the Afterlife. You see? I'm ready to die." I went to grab my knife hat had fallen, but was dragged back. I kicked Urshu in the face and grabbed the knife. Somehow he got a hold of the knife and cut my arm.

Horus~

As I was climbing the wall, I couldn't help but wonder how Bek was doing. I kept climbing and made it to the top. "Come, Apophis!"I heard Set yell. I drew my spear from my back and got ready. I tried sneaking up behind him, but was struck down by Set. I got up and our spears clashed. "You should have stayed under the sand."

"I can understand killing for a crown, but this is madness."

"Of course you don't understand. How could you? Favored son of a favored son." Set tried striking me again, but I easily blocked it. He broke my spear in half and kicked me down. I got up and our fighting continued.

"I think I may miss our little get-togethers."Set said before he hit me with the non-sharp end of his spear. "But you're still no match for me." Set was about to kill me when I saw Bek up here.

"You're right. I'm just the bait." Bek threw her hook and misdirected Set's spear.

Bek~

Set looked at me with rage in his eyes. I felt some pain in the bottom part of my stomach. I probably just stretched a muscle.

"Now you're just becoming a pest." He transformed into a beast never seen before. It looked like he was made of all the Gods combined. He flew towards me and threw me up against a wall. He had Horus' other eye on top of his head. I pulled it off of him. He threw me even farther and I landed on top of the structure with that one part of my stomach hurting again, but now it was worse. I began to fall and I threw Horus his other eye. I saw him not going for it. Instead he caught me.

"You don't think your eye might have been more useful than a wounded thief?"

"Probably yes." Lava began falling around us. "I'm sorry for everything I've done to you. Including this."

"Accepted." He let go of the wall and we fell. Horus transformed into his bird form and flew us down to safety.

Horus~

I laid Bek up against a pedestal. "I told you I'd steal your other eye. But you could have saved me some trouble and told me you didn't need it."she said laughing a bit. I chuckled a little too. It's now or never.

"I have to tell you something important. But I'm afraid that I won't have much time to do so."I said looking at her wound.

"What is it?"she asked.

"I-I love you Bek. More than any crown."I confessed. She smiled.

"Can I tell you something Horus?" I nodded.

"I love you too." She and I smiled. "Now go and protect your people. I'll be right here." I didn't want to leave her, but she was right. I flew up and Set and I began fighting in our other forms. It ended with me winning and Set dead. I flew back up to Ra's boat to return his spear.

"Grandfather, there's still time." He opened his eyes and grew. He defeated Apophis and all the chaos was over. I flew back down and made my way towards Bek. However, a young girl stopped me in my way and handed me my other eye. I thanked the tiny girl, put my eye back in, and continued making my way towards Bek. But by the time I reached her, she was already gone.