Chapter 7

Bek~

We walked for hours until we came upon a small place where we fell asleep. I had a feeling we were close though. I woke up and I saw Horus sitting on the steps. He looked upset.

"Did you sleep at all?"I asked getting up. He nodded a little.

"This used to be a garden like you've never seen." I walked up to him and sat next to him.

"Well perhaps one day, when you're King, you can make it as it was again."I suggested.

"Perhaps."

"What happened to it?"I asked him.

"It was my father's first temple. In his generosity, he opened the grounds so the poor could bury their own here. Set has corrupted his teachings. My father loved this place. So Set brought him here to be butchered. His body was cut into fourteen pieces. The heart was never found." I felt bad for him. I had every empathy for him.

"Set salted the earth?"I asked astonished.

"No. It was my mother's tears. Before she took her own life. I failed them." I snapped my head back at him.

"No you didn't. I'm sorry though."I told him. I looked down as I recalled the death of my own family.

"When we first met, you told me you knew what it was like to lose a parent. What did you mean?" My eyes widened a little. Other than Zaya and I, no one really knew what happened to our family.

"Growing up, it was always my mother, my two older brothers Cyrus and Rafi, Zaya, and myself. One night when I was thirteen and Zaya was eleven, my mother was sick and there was a fire in our home. Zaya and I were the only ones to live."

"And your father?"

"He left when I was four and Zaya was two."I confessed.

"I'm sorry."he apologized. Why is he apologizing.

"It wasn't your doing." It was silent for a moment before one of us broke the silence.

"Ra told me I was on a journey. And if I reach the end, I will be mighty again."

"How does it end?"I asked scared for the answer.

"With vengeance. Ends with my spear through Set's skull." I heard a rumbling sound come from behind us.

"Is that a storm?" I got up to be sure. "There's no clouds." There was a massive growling sound that came from two giant snakes emerge from the dust.

"Set's hunters riding their pets."Horus informed me as he stood.

"Those aren't pets. A cat is a pet."I said stepping back.

"I can't withstand their venom. Not as I am now." I started walking down the steps once more.

"Then I guess we should run." I started running.

"Run?"

"Mortals do it all the time!"I called back. Pretty soon we were running from those freak animals. We heard a horn and that seemed to have made the snakes go faster, which made us run harder.

"Run faster!"Horus yelled.

"I'm already going as fast as I can!"I called back at him. Pretty soon I felt Horus pick me up and run with me under his arm. Another roaring sound was heard.

"Run faster!"I yelled in a mocking tone.

"I can't!" We hid behind a statue and when the snakes passed, we ran like hell.

"Come on!"Horus yelled from in front of me. We ran and jumped into one of the gaps in the garden.

"We have to kill them."I whispered.

"We?"Horus whispered back.

"When you go fishing, what's most important?"I asked him.

"I don't fish." "It's the quality of the bait." Horus shook his head. "It's too dangerous." I looked at him for a moment.

"Are you worried about me?"

"No, it's just my aim with a spear is not what it was."

"Then get closer before you throw it."I suggested. I climbed out of the space and ran, trying to get the snakes to follow me. I turned when the realized that they weren't following me and I waved my hands in the air. "Hey! Beautiful!" I saw the woman and the snake turn. "I meant the snake!"I yelled in a mocking tone.

Horus~

This woman is MAD!!!! I laid down in the gap with my spear ready for when the snake passed over me. Once it came over me, I stuck my spear in its stomach and it pulled me up. It threw me around before I fell.

Bek~

I smiled a little when I saw Horus fighting the thing and then he fell. My smile faded and I felt something in my heart that I'd never really felt before. I ignored the feeling. He fell onto a pedestal-type structure and rolled off of it before the beast could eat him. I didn't really know what was happening until I saw Horus and the woman fighting. Horus came running towards me and we hid behind a sculpted figure of a sphinx. "That worked great. Let's go again."I said with sarcasm.

"This time, the bait needs to dangle longer. I must strike the weak spot from behind." I looked at him.

"And how do you know they have a weak spot?"I asked.

"I don't. But they must, right? Go!" Suddenly I was pushed into the opening. I began running once again with one of the snakes on my tail. ANY TIME NOW HORUS!!!! I kept running with fire being blown at me and things falling around me.

"Excellent! You made it angry!"Horus yelled sounding humorous. I was running so much and so fast that I didn't care how Horus was handling the situation at hand. The path came to a halt and I jumped out of the way. the snake pummeled down the cliff. Horus and I began to run back towards where we started off before the snakes. I woman emerged from the rubble.