Chapter 5

Bek~

"I'll snap your neck."he threatened me.

"You must hate Set for what he did to your father. Trust me, I know what that's like."I confessed. But what I had said only made him squeeze my neck harder. "The pyramid. I know how to get into Set's pyramid."I told him.

"How?"he asked me. I tried talking but I couldn't. "How?"he asked again not noticing my current predicament. "Oh...."he said as he finally realized I was dying and he set me back down, but with his hand still around my throat and with a lesser grip.

"It's where he keeps his power locked up, right? If I could get you inside, could you kill him?" Next thing I knew, I was being tossed a small distance and I ended hitting my back against what felt like a wall.

"How would you do that?"he asked, clearly not caring that my back was now killing me.

"I saw the plans."I told him, although it was only half the truth.

"Tell me."he ordered.

"I'll show you."I told him. Well I could if I were able to get into Urshu's home.

"Go on."

"If you bring Zaya back."I ordered.

"There may be a way."he told me. We placed Zaya in a tomb-like structure wrapped in gray cloth. "No one may leave the Afterlife once entered. But the journey through the Nine Gates will take several days to complete. And only the King can make Anubis turn back. If I kill Set and take back the crown before your friend...."

"Sister."I interrupted.

"Before your sister reaches the Final Gate, I might be able to save her."he said confidently. Some part of me believed he was lying, but I ignored that part and just thought of Zaya. He closed the structure as he began to walk away.

"Try to keep up."he said. I ran to catch up with him.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I followed Horus to a mountain in which we began to climb. When we were close to the top, I grew curious. "So what is your plan?"I asked curiously.

"To kill the God of the Desert, we must kill the desert itself."he informed me.

"Kill the desert? How do you kill the desert?"I asked him. He must be insane! We finally reached the top before he answered me.

"We must go to my grandfather's. He'll help us with our task."he said.

"Your grandfather? You mean Ra? The Sun God, Ra?"I asked incredulously. He nodded. "So where exactly is your grandfather?" He looked up towards the sky making me look up as well. "You're being funny, right?"I asked hoping, no praying, that he was.

"You think I'd put any effort into trying to amuse you?"

"It seems flying would be useful right now."I voiced.

"Without both my eyes, I cannot transform. I need to pray for strength." I saw that coming.

"Oh, that's not encouraging."

"Be silent or you'll reach the bottom of this mountain much quicker than you reached the top."he threatened as he began climbing the steps to a shrine-like structure shaped like a sun with a hole in the middle of it and knelt down. I couldn't exactly hear what he was saying, but clearly it worked because about three minutes later, he transformed into a massive creature with wings. He turned around

"Impressed!"I yelled to him. I laughed a little. He picked me up and soon we were flying. A few minutes later we landed in the great home of Ra. I looked past Horus as we landed and I saw an old man sitting in a chair with a spear on this lap.

"Stay in my shadow."Horus warned.

"Why?"I asked.

"Just do as I say." Who does he think he is to order me around? Horus moved a little and let a bit of light reach my arm and making it burn. I quickly moved back into his shadow.

"Hail, thou Great God Ra."Horus said as he kneeled down and I kneeled down behind him.

"Normally, when a bird lands on my boat, I kill it before it can shit."Ra said. I smirked at his remark. Horus and I stood up. "What is this? You dare bring a mortal to the source of Creation?"Ra asked sounding annoyed. My smirk faded quickly.

"She's valuable to me. I could not leave her behind."

"Ah. Why have you come?"Ra asked Horus.

"I would only ask something of you." I rolled my eyes a little.

"Oh, in that case, I shall stop what I am doing and heed your bidding." Ra sounded as if he were offended. And I can see why.

"Grandfather, I'm sorry. I mean no disrespect."Horus apologized.

"You don't know the difference." BUT AT LEAST HE APOLOGIZED!! An eerie howling sound was heard and I didn't know what caused it because I was behind a big ass God. "Stay there. Be quiet."Ra ordered us. "I have work to do." Ra placed a crown on his head, undid his robes revealing a white gown he was wearing, and then he hit his chest, making him burst into flames. He kept hitting his chest and he kept growing bigger. "And put the mortal below deck if you want her to live."Ra ordered. Next thing I knew, I was being put below deck by Horus. I could hear everything that was happening. The boat then started to shake and I fell on my ass multiple times. Luckily there was a white mattress-type thing down here. I heard Ra shout at the thing and I heard him call it a Stinking Worm as a sort of mockery.