JUGHEAD {REQUESTED}

REQUESTED BY: @AccioHufflepunk

-

I TIED MY BLACK HAIR UP INTO A HIGH PONYTAIL, AND APPLIED SOME PINK EYESHADOW AROUND MY GREEN EYES. I quickly grabbed my red and white apron that said 'Pops' on it and put on my black sneakers before running out the door. Five minutes later I arrived at my work, I walked into the diner and felt a smile grow on my face as I saw my favourite customer sitting in his regular booth, typing away on his computer.

I grabbed my note book and walked over to him "hey Jughead, what can I get you today?" I ask politely, the bright light from his computer shining on his face. He answers without looking up, I know he must be in a deep thought. A few minutes later I walk back to his table with a strawberry milkshake in my hand. I place it down on the table, and take a seat across from him. It was a Tuesday so the diner is usually empty, he closes his computer and takes a sip from his milkshake.

We talked for hours, he talked a bit about his dad and how he was never around, we talked about Jason but only for a short amount of time, he told me how he was working on the school newspaper with his friend Betty. He offered for me to meet his friends, and after thinking about it for a bit I agreed. My phone buzzed, I quickly looked at the message from my mom wondering where I was. I was suppose to close the diner 20 minutes ago, I texted my mom back telling her I would be home soon and just got caught up at work.

Me and Jughead said our goodbyes as I locked the doors, I watched him walk away as I got into my car. I drove home thinking about my friendship with Jughead, I found it funny that I felt the most myself with him than anyone else. We told each other a lot of things that nobody else knew, not our family, or friends.

-
The next day Jughead texted me telling me to meet him at pops, without thinking I grabbed my sweater and car keys and walked out the door. I texted him saying i would be there in 10 minutes, once I arrived I saw him sitting with 4 other teenagers. I walked over to the table, Jughead quickly stood up and introduced me to his friends. "These are my friends Veronica, Archie, Kevin" he said pointing out each person, he shifted uncomfortably before introducing me to the blonde haired girl "and my girlfriend Betty" he said scratching the back of his neck, I looked at Jughead before forcing a smile on my face.

I sat down next to Archie, everyone went into their own conversations, I was surprised by how quickly I got along with Archie, we actually had a lot in common we both enjoyed music and performing. I tried my best to keep my mind off Jughead but I just couldn't shake the feeling of jealously. I knew it was too good to be true, I mentally laughed at the thought of us being more, we were too different.

"Scarlett?" Jughead says snapping me out of my thoughts, "are you ok?" Betty asks, I look down at my lap, while nodding my head and bite my lip. "Yeah, I'm fine...I just remembered I have somewhere to be" I say, getting up from my seat I rush over to the door, and give one final glance at Jughead. I walk through the parking lot as a single tear rolled down my face. I hear my name repeatedly being called, but I continue to walk, ignoring the voice that I knew belonged to Jughead.

I was just a waitress and he was just a customer, that's all it was and that's all it ever will be.