ARCHIE {REQUESTED}

REQUESTED BY @32LONDON32
PLEASE READ TO THE END, IMPORTANT AUTHORS NOTE
-

I take my history book out of my locker, just as the bell rings indicating that school has officially started. I turn the corner, and see Betty and Archie—my two best friends having a serious conversation. I watched from behind a wall making sure they don't see me. They give each other a hug, before going there separate ways.

School came to an end, I walked down the sidewalk wondering about Betty and Archie's conversation from earlier today. I could hear my name being called in the distance, I look up from my phone and see Archie walking over to me. The truth is I had a crush on Archie ever since we were little kids, although I knew I would never tell him part of me wish he just knew somehow.

"Oh hey Archie, what's going on?" I ask curiously, he pauses for a minute before responding. "It's actually about me and Betty—were dating, I really like her but I don't wanna mess things up. What should I do?" I stood completely frozen with my jaw hanging. Archie was dating Betty? This had to be some kinda of joke right? But the look on Archie's face said otherwise.

"Well if Betty really likes you then you shouldn't have to worry about trying to impress her, or trying to be perfect. She should like you for you, even your flaws." I say honestly, "thanks Daria, I needed to hear that" he says with a wide smile, and he gives me a quick hug before walking away, to meet with Betty I assume.

I would be lying if I said that Archie dating Betty didn't upset me, it did but I wouldn't let anyone know that. Two weeks past, and Archie is still dating Betty, I sat in Pops alone thinking about what I could have done to change things, maybe if I had just told Archie how I feel about him he would be with me instead of Betty.

I was too zoned out to notice that Archie had sat down across from me, "Daria?" Archie says snapping me out of thoughts, "oh Archie, sorry I didn't notice you came in"  he nods his head, we sat in silence for a few minutes before Archie finally speaks up. "I don't like Betty, I never did. Betty, she likes Jughead, and I-well I like you." My mouth falls open hearing Archie's words.

"Why did you date Betty then?" I ask, he takes a deep breath in then continues "we only did it to make you guys jealous, did it work?" He bit his lip nervously, a smile grew on my face as I nod my head slowly "yeah it did." He reaches across the table and hold my hand in his, we sat there like that for hours not talking, nothing. Just enjoying each others company.
.
.
.
.
Thank you guys for 35k It means so much to me! From now on  I will not be taking requests anymore. I will be finishing the ones that I have left, but any new ones from now on will not be taken.