The proposal

Anisa's POV:

I blinked a few times before answering. "My marriage?" I questioned him in disbelief. He nodded, hardly affected by what he had just bombarded me with. "But father, I am turning just 17 next week. Don't you think I'm too young?" I asked him, trying to keep the anger in my voice to a minimum. He gave me the 'do you dare question me' look. I gulped in fear. But hey that was serious.

Marriage? Is he for real? At the age of 16?! He must be crazy. Who am I kidding? He is crazy. And I'm not even exaggerating.
"It is totally normal for a girl to get married at this age. Back in our time, some girls used to get married at the age of 13 as well and you're 17." He said. "16" I corrected him as he shot me an angry glance.

I leaned back in the sofa to show him I was scared. He just looked down on me as if he was a tyrant who going to kill one of his slaves. "S-so, who am I getting married to? You can tell me that much right?" I stuttered but conveyed my message. That was the worst day ever! But hey, on the bright side I wouldn't be living with my father anymore.
"Khaleel uncle's son." He simply told me, with a tight smile playing on his lips. His green eyes were twinkling. He was smiling victoriously. He was only happy that he managed to force me into that. I had totally no say in it. I couldn't say no to him or else...

My fate would be like the fate of my mother.

But, he said Khaleel uncle's son. I had seen Khaleel uncle once or twice when he was visiting. He was such a sweet person totally the opposite of my father. He always used to pat my head when he came. But, his son? I had never seen his son before. Might be as sweet as good as his dad. But who was I to say anything? For all I knew, he could be the totally different
"Now, tomorrow evening, you have to meet them at my office's meeting hall. Be sure you aren't late. And oh, wear something​ nice for once." He told me with a glare. "But I can't--" I was cut off by him. "You're getting married next week and that's final! Do you want to end up like your mommy dearest?" He threatened, a smirk plastered on his face.

I shook my head. "No, father" I replied, obediently and walked out of there as fast as I could. Ya Allah! Thank you for saving me!! But marriage? No way in hell! I wasn't going to get married even if it costs me my life. Wait... I take that back. My life was more important.

I walked into my room and changed my clothes, then tied my hair into a loose braid. I was wearing a black shirt which had white beads on the Hem of it and wore a white hoodie over it with a pair of white trousers.

Taking a scarf, I laid the majlis on the floor to pray.

After praying to God, I got up and jumped onto my bed. I took my phone out and texted Imran. "Don't forget to pick me up tomorrow. There is something I have to tell you." I texted him
"Okay." he replied. I sighed and layed down to sleep. Tomorrow was going to be weird.

Ali's POV:

It was official.

I hated my father! How dare he force me to get married while I was still in high school?! And besides, a wife? No way! I haven't even seen her in my whole life! Who the hell was she? I couldn't believe it! I thought leaving the house and making him scared would be enough to change his mind. But, I was wrong.

I entered the school building.
I had no interest in girls. Who knew what my father had in mind when he chose my 'future wife' for me. It burnt me to the core. What if she were totally different than my ideal? Besides, my ideal was one of a kind. Not just any girl.

Anisa had always been so confident and all. I had always liked her a little. But to think that she had such a short temper. It was shocking. Even though I had bullied her many times before that incident. It was the first time she had snapped so badly. But I guess it was my fault anyway. So I totally deserved it.

My eyes caught a glimpse of a familiar face. I turned to see properly. My gaze was met with Anisa's sparkling eyes. She didn't bother giving me the time of day. I didn't want to admit it, but she was one interesting girl.

I walked towards her. "Morning, towel head." I smirked. Although the smirk on my face was there to just annoy the heck out of here, inside I was kind of irritated by her hijab. It was weird. It was like she was an arrogant person who thought that every man was a pervert. But hey, if she stopped, I was sure all the boys would be crazy after her.

"Shut up, Ali! I am in a bad mood." She snapped, walking past me. Well, what a coincidence. So was I. "Aww. But I wanted to talk to you." I fake groaned to piss her off. She glared at me with those green beautiful eyes. I would be lying if I said that wasn't scary.

"I told you, dumbass. Leave me alone for today. I have already so much going on." She whispered the last part to herself.

"Well, probably not more than what I had going on."

"Make me." I challenged her. She rolled her eyes and sashayed away, ignoring me. I decided to leave her alone. What if she punched me that time. It was such a pleasant feeling. That was for sure.

After school:

The bell indicating that school was over made me shift in my seat. I groaned as I realized I had to meet her today. The girl I was getting married to. I called my driver to drop my butt off at home.Didn't feel like walking home at all. I then spotted Anisa walking towards a car, a wide smile on her face. I wondered why she was so enthusiastic.
I walked towards her to find out what was up with her but stopped when I saw a young guy in the car. I liked twice in disbelief. Last time I remembered, her driver was in his fifties. Who was that guy?
My eyes widened as I recognized the familiar face. Those brown eyes, I could recognize anywhere. Imran?

"Why is he picking Anisa up? Do they know each other?" These were the questions that came to me on first thought. He got out of the car and hugged Anisa tightly. Whoa! Last time I remembered, Anisa didn't even feel comfortable doing a handshake with a guy. It kinda angered me.
I rolled my eyes. I couldn't stand it! I just went ahead and walked away.

God! Was I jealous? What? No! That was impossible! I only liked Anisa. A little more than other girls though. But it was never more than that. I just hoped I wasn't losing my mind.

My driver had picked me up on the way. I headed back home. Entering the house, I saw dad coming out the living room. I rolled my eyes at him. "Good thing you're early! Mr. Malik is very punctual. He probably hasn't ever been late in his life. Don't test his patience." He told me.

"Whatever. Leave me alone." I grumbled and walked upstairs to my room. I felt anger and rage crawl under my skin and in a fit, I threw my shoes at the mirror. Shouting out a few curse words, I plopped down on the bed with a sigh. My fists tightened as I remembered what my dad had told me as a weak excuse for the marriage.

FLASHBACK:

"I'm not happy about this either, son. I wish I could do something but you see, I'm indebted to Mr. Malik. Back when you were just a child, I didn't have a job. Since Mr. Malik was my friend I asked him for help." Dad took a deep breath. "He gave me a large amount of money to open my own business and build my empire. But it took so long. When it was finally time to repay the debt, I was empty handed once again. Mr. Malik forgave the debt completely but on that one condition that I would get your son to marry his daughter when you reach the age of 17."

Once he was finished with his story,  he gave me a pleading look. As much as I wanted to feel sorry for him, I couldn't. And that was how Mr. Malik forced my father into selling me.

FLASHBACK ENDED:

I was still really angry. Was I just a debt that my father had to pay? Was I nothing more to him than that? Ugh! Great! Just great.