His Feelings

ALI'S POV:

"Assalam u Alaikum!" Asma Baji came running when Imran opened the door for us. Her face beamed with joy and she enveloped Anisa into a bear hug. Judging by the look on Anisa's face, I could guess that the hug was really painful. "Wa Alaikum… Salam…" Anisa replied with spaces.

"Ohh!! I'm so happy you came! I was having all these bad thoughts that you wouldn't come or you wouldn't bring Ali." Asma baji turned to look at me, setting Anisa free from her hug.

"No, Baji. I couldn't miss it for the world." she replied with a smile.
After returning the smile, she looked at me. "I'm glad you could come too, Ali. Somehow Anisa didn't want to bring you along. When I invited her on the phone, she started making all sorts of excuses about you. But Alhamdulillah, you were able to make it."

I glanced at Anisa who just looked away as soon as we made eye contact.

"I did have plans but in the end, I thought this was more important." I gave her a small smile. She nodded approvingly, grinning non stop. "Alright, mom. Let them enter the house at least. We can continue this inside." Imran piped in, putting a hand on his mother's shoulder.

Asma baji gasped. "Oh my! I totally forgot! Come on in, kids." she moved from the entrance and gave us a way to walk. As we walked inside, Anisa held her sister's hand and squeezed it. "Jazakallah khairan for inviting us, baji. You're always looking out for me."

I watched in entertainment as a scene filled with sisterly love happened before me. Asma baji pulled Anisa into a hug again and even kissed her cheek.

"My baby's all grown up! I can't believe you're married and saying thank you to me like an obedient sister!" she almost had tears in her eyes as she said that. I guessed that Asma baji was really dramatic and sensitive but it looked nice on her. She was one of the few people I actually liked.

However, Anisa's flushed expression made me almost laugh. She looked so embarrassed being treated like that in front of me.

As we reached the living room, I looked around to see that the house had a really nice interior. Even though the house wasn't big or luxurious, it was pretty decent. An aroma of all kinds of food was filled in the house and it was warm inside.

As Anisa said, Asma baji did put in a lot of effort and somewhere deep down, I actually felt guilty turning Anisa down the first time.

"You can say bye bye to your lovely wife now, Ali because you're coming with me. You're not seeing her before dinner at least!" Imran teased us but Anisa just rolled her eyes while I played along and made a face. "Oh really? I'm so sad."

I could notice Anisa glare at me from the corner of my eyes as I said that but it was all the more better, right? Annoying her was probably the most entertaining thing to do.

Imran started laughing and Anisa huffed. "I'd rather not see him for the rest of my life." she grumbled. She looked like she wanted to say more but her sister came and dragged her inside. "Well this is where both of you part ways. I'm taking her away."

It was amusing to see that everyone was teasing us because we were the 'Newly wed couple'. But, no one knew that this marriage was based on a stupid deal and that Anisa and I were nothing like a normal couple. Most people would think that we were fortunate to get married at a young age. And like many think; marriage gives you a sense of responsibility. But I wasn't satisfied by either of those two things.

If I had to search deep in my heart, I would understand what the worst part of this marriage was.

Even if I didn't want to admit it or even if it hurt my ego, I knew that I was starting to feel attracted to her. More than ever. And I didn't like it. I hated the feeling of rejection maybe because I had never experienced it. Maybe, I was just scared. There could be many possibilities, but Anisa returning my feelings was not one of them.

My thoughts weren't clear. I was still confused about why I had that urge to get closer to her even though I felt nothing for her. Why didn't I feel my heart beat fast whenever she was around or why didn't I care if she was hurt or not? And at the same time, why was I so obsessed with her?