So Awkward

This chapter is dedicated to YourSassyQueen. Thank you so much for the new cover. I loved it! So, guys as you can see, I have changed the cover for My Husband, My bully. Comment if you like it and thank you again YourSassyQueen for the amazing cover. Love you guys!

Ali's POV:

I was… confused.

It wasn't like me to do something for someone to this extent. Especially for just a little birthday present. Even though I told Anisa that I had just remembered it was her birthday, she looked at me like she didn't believe me. And that was a big arrow to my ego.

Anisa was nothing to me. Even if I found her interesting before, after getting married to her, I felt nothing about her. She was just a person living in my house. There were more conversations between us at school than at home. And it was strange how I thought that dress would look good on her. What should it matter to me what she looked good in or what she didn't look good in?

Stretching my legs on the bed, I glanced at her sitting on the desk. My phone was in my hand and I was just scrolling down my Instagram feed, liking random girls' pictures. But, I couldn't focus on it much. The quiet, yet loud presence in the room was not very ignorable.

When she caught me looking at her, she gave me a scowl. "I thought we were supposed to do this project together, physics partner." she looked back to her book again. I rolled my eyes. "We just have to choose the topic and submit it tomorrow. It's not something that should require my help." I told her. I knew it would tick her off that I was putting everything on her but really, it didn't affect me.

She looked back again. "Choosing a topic is not that easy especially since I don't know if you're smart enough to work on the topic with me. I don't want you to throw everything on me saying it's too hard for you." her tone was mocking me. I looked at her with a scowl.

"I'm very good at physics. I can probably do it better than you." I smirked a bit, showing my teeth from the side. Her mouth formed an 'o' as she nodded her head slowly with sarcasm. "Oh really?"
I gave a short nod. "Yes, really."
She folded her arms over her chest. "Then why don't you prove it to me? If you're good at it like you say you are, I shouldn't need to spend my precious time on this." she stood up, the book in hand, and walked over to me. My eyes followed her as she put the book on the bed, beside me.

I let out a chuckle. "That's a good way to avoid work." I took the book and put my phone on the side table. She gave a smug grin. "You shouldn't have bragged about yourself for no reason, genius." and with that, she left the room.

I groaned. I wasn't lying when I said I was good at physics but it was such a drag. I got up and opened the index page. When I finally found something I thought we could work on, a knock on the door made me snap my head towards it.

"It's me, Ali Hasan."

There was only one person who called me by my full name and it was my father. I stood up to open the door for him. "Yes, dad?" I wasn't a very good son but I knew how to give my father respect. Even though I was still mad at him, there was a feeling in my heart that it wasn't his fault.

"I'm going to Pakistan for a while and I wanted you to know. In my absence, the house is left in your care and," he glanced at the door and looked back at me again. "You have a wife who is your responsibility now. She left her home. Her comfort just to establish her new family. She doesn't deserve to feel not welcome or unwanted." The way my father was looking at me, it felt like he was a kidnapper who was warning me about all the bad things that would happen if I didn't listen to him.