Chapter Twenty (Part two)

"Itcrosses my mind that Cinna's calm and normal demeanor masks acomplete madman."
― Suzanne Collins, The Hunger Games

" ― Suzanne Collins, The Hunger Games

 "Do you know who done it?" Seth asks, an eerie calm surrounding him. Jasper's jaw clenches as he turns to Seth, nodding and stealing a glance at me.

"I know who done it. He done the same fucking thing to me before I left. And I'm not blind, half of those look fresh. Which means it's still happening. Fuck!" Jasper suddenly shouts, turning and throwing a punch to the wall behind him, chest heaving.

I slip passed Seth, who tries to grab my wrist but I pull away, walking slowly towards Jasper who turns to me, looking down at me before getting down onto his knees, hugging me around my midriff, sniffles starting to come from him.

"I'm so sorry Wills, I should have been there, it was my job to protect you! It's my fault you had to endure so much pain! I stupidly believed that he wouldn't touch you any more if I did what he said, staying away." He begins to sob, his arms tightening around me slightly as he cried into me. I crouched down so we were closer to the same height, wrapping my own arms around him and hugging him close to me, my own tears finally breaking free and rolling down my cheek.

"It's not your fault Jasper. As you said, you tried to do anything you could, and you must have been so young, how could you know he was lying to you" I reassured him as I leant into him, my legs quickly getting sore from my position, but I put up with it, Jasper needed comfort more than me right now.

He shook his head, pulling back slightly but keeping his grip on me, looking at me through teary eyes. "You really haven't changed much, still my little Z fighter." He smiles sadly at me. At that moment, one of my legs cramp and I fall to the side, but with Jaspers grip round me, he quickly holds me up before wrapping his arms round my waist and standing, spinning me round before setting me down again.

"I may have failed before, but I will finish this, some how. Even if it means I don't get to see you again, I'll protect you Wills." He promises, hands on my shoulders.

"You wont be alone, I want a few shots in." Seth adds from behind me. I glance over my shoulder and smile up at him.He looks at me with a raised eyebrow. "Why you smiling at me like that, at a time like this?" He asks, a smile of his own seems to break over his face.

"I don't really know, sorry. I feel a complete mess lately yet you're still here?" I turn to face him properly now, Jasper stepping beside me and throwing an arm over my shoulder. It was still weird to think that he was my brother, but I believed him, I felt it within me when he spoke to me, he felt familiar to me. Seth shrugs. "We're friends, aren't we? That's what friends do" he replies, suddenly seeming indifferent. Jasper scoffs from beside me, muttering something along the lines of 'yeh right' under his breath, causing Seth to glare at him.