Chapter Three

Kiana's brown eyes locked onto the giant teen as her heart began to pound. This must be Abby, she thought to herself. I-I don't know if she's nice or not. Swallowing a lump that began to rise in her throat, she let out a small whimper of fear when dark green eyes similar to her master's locked on her. 

"What the heck?" The teen mumbled as she dropped a backpack on the floor and knelt down in front of Kiana. "Who're you?" 

"M-My name is Kiana." The Neko child whimpered out, unable to stop herself from trembling as her black tail curled around herself. "Y-Your father, m-my new master, adopted me today." 

"Oh." Abby crossed her arms before moving to the living room couch. "So...you're the pet I asked him to get for me?" 

"I-I guess so." Kiana looked up at her, slightly confused. The teen seemed a little too calm, and that made the Neko worry.

"Then you're supposed to listen?" She looked down at her.

"Y-Yes." Kiana nodded swiftly. "I-I'm supposed to listen to everything, a-and I'll try my best." She relaxed slightly, a smile almost ready to cross her face.

"Good. Then do me a favor and stay away from me?" The teen's eyes narrowed causing any trace of a smile to vanish from the Neko's face.

"B-But he said you were my new mistress t-too." She responded softly, hugging her shoulders while her ears remained glued to her head and her tail wrapped tightly around her thin form.

"Okay, and? I don't want you to be around me. Martha says your kind are horrible pets and can't do anything fun. So how am I supposed to-"

She was interrupted when her father walked into the room, his arms folded over his chest. "Abby, come now. You haven't even given the little thing a chance." Without warning, his hands lifted Kiana off of the floor into his palm with a smile, ruffling her hair with a finger from his free hand. "She's cute."

"She's young, dad." Abigail looked at him with a clearly annoyed expression. "I wanted a normal cat, not this thing that can barely do anything on her own. She'll be no fun whatsoever."

Caleb shook his head and looked down at Kiana. "Just look at her though...she's adorable. And she won't just meow when she needs something or is hurt, she can actually tell us what's wrong." He smiled widely and placed the Neko on the couch beside Abby. "Give her a chance. Okay? If not for her, for me and your mother."

Abigail paused for a brief moment and glanced to Kiana and gave a small groan. "Fine, I'll try. I just don't want her to think she's an actual part of the family after all." 

Her words cut through Kiana harshly. It was like she wasn't even in the room, but...she is a pet. That's all Neko's were to humans, and she needed to remember that. At least Lily and Caleb were nice. She'd gladly spend time with those two. 

Situating herself on the couch, Kiana turned her gaze up to the teen and managed a small, polite smile. "I-Is there anything you'd like to do miss?" She asked quietly, her voice barely above a whisper but still loud enough for the human to hear.

A startled yelp passed her lips when fingers curled around her and lifted off the soft cushion of the couch. Looking around she realized she was left alone in the room. With the teen. "I have a few ideas." The voice above her mumbled.

Though Kiana couldn't see it at the time, Abby had a wide, mischievous grin plastered onto her face. "We'll have...fun."

(Sorry it's so short guys! I wanted to make sure I got an update out.)