Chapter Four

"Please let me out!" Kiana cried, warm tears streaming down her face as she banged her fists against the wooden wall in front of her. 

Abigail snickered, glancing over to her desk drawer as she lies on her back in bed. She didn't respond, of course, trying to make the Neko think she was alone in the room so she'd be quiet. She did say they'd have fun. Well, at least she would. 

It had already been a solid ten minutes, and the kid wouldn't stop screaming for her to be let out. Every now and then her voice would crack as if she were losing it, but then it would go right back to its usual sound.

Kiana hadn't heard anything from the human for a little while now. Tears continued to run down her face as she slid down the front of the drawer, wrapping her arms and tail around her legs tightly. She would much rather be out with her new master and the other miss. But instead, she was trapped in the dark. So very slowly she laid on the hard floor, shutting her eyes as tight as she could.

Not even three minutes later she felt small movement and curled further into herself as her small body trembled fearfully. But the voice she heard wasn't the teens. "Abigail. Why is she in your desk drawer?" The deep voice mumbles, a frown clear in his tone but Kiana was too upset and ashamed to look at him. 

Caleb had gone to Abby's room to tell her that Lily had made her a snack and was surprised not to see Kiana anywhere. He probably would have just dismissed it as she was in another room had he not heard the very faint sobs coming from her desk. And sure enough, there the Neko was. Curled into a ball on the bottom of the drawer, shaking like a leaf.

He scooped the Neko child into his palms, giving Abigail a firm scolding about emotional abuse before exiting the room. He could feel Kiana trembling in his hands, and looking down at her he was confused when she looked scared of him as well. "What is it little one? I'm not going to hurt you, it's alright." Caleb cooed, running a finger from the top of her head down her hair, repeating this process more times than he felt like counting until the Neko eventually leaned into his chest.

Kiana knew the human was trying to comfort her, and it was honestly working. He was gentle and genuinely kind. So giving in she snuggled into his chest, balling her hands into fists against his shirt. After another moment she began to purr quietly, finally relaxing after being locked in that dark place. 

But she didn't dare tell why she was afraid he was going to hurt her. The men from before, they always said some pretty horrible things when she'd get scared and cry. One of them even did horrible things. A chill ran down her spine as images flashed into her head which she quickly shook to get rid of. Instead, she just stayed leaning into this human as a small smile finally crept onto her face.

Caleb held her likes this for a while. Even after his wife had come in and seen the state the Neko was in. But she also understood what Caleb did. They have her as a pet, but she's still also a child and is prone to the same fears, the same needs as one. So she left them alone.

It wasn't long before he felt the girl shift in his hands, but when he looked she was fast asleep, curled up with part of his shirt as a blanket. He chuckles deeply, carrying her up the stairs and over to a corner in the hallway where a small bed was placed, specifically for her, just outside of his own bedroom and a door down from Abigail's. 

He lowered her into it, pulling the tiny blanket over her with a soft smile. "Rest well little one." He whispers before returning downstairs to be with his wife.

Kiana hadn't known how long slept. All she knew is that now she was awake in a long dark hallway, and it scares her. Being all alone in the dark like this. 

Her brown eyes darted around the area for any sign of the humans. It honestly didn't matter which one, as long as she wasn't alone. "M-Master?" She called out softly. "Miss?" 

She crawled out of what she now saw was a small bed, her feet easily touching the floor below as she began to wander the hall in hope to find any sign of life.

Having not been able to wander the house on her own just yet, Kiana wasn't sure which upstairs room was which so she just randomly picked a bedroom and made her way to the base of the bed. To her luck, a blanket draped over the edge which she gripped tightly in her hands as she began to climb. 

Arm, leg, arm, leg. She repeated this over and over in her head to keep herself from looking up or down. Arm, leg, arm, leg. I hate heights, she hissed to herself. Why oh why did I try and do this on my own? 

Arm, leg, arm, leg- Wait. It ended. To her surprise, she was now staring at the giant sleeping form of a human. Would they be angry if she woke them? If it was Abigail, most definately. But her master and miss seemed kind. 

Deciding to risk it she ran across the bed and grabbed hold of the giant's hand and shook a finger. There was a soft groan before the hand was pulled away and the figure rolled over.

Lily had been sound asleep, but now she was looking down at the Neko child after being woken up. Had the poor thing not looked so terrified, she would have scolded her. But instead, she used a hand to gently ruffle her hair. "Kiana...? Why are you awake, what's wrong?" She mumbled with a yawn.

"I-I don't like being alone." The child responded as she ran closer and nestled into the blankets against the human. Lily's chest tightened and with a nod, she placed a hand over her pet delicately. 

"Alright dear. It's okay. Just try and rest." Lily whispers in a hushed tone before closing her own eyes, falling back asleep with Kiana right beside her.