5: Goodnight

Axel Allisons POV

I stared at myself in the fogged up mirror. Tomorrow would make it thirty-five days until her birthday. Adjusting the towel around my waist, I stepped out the bathroom. "Put a shirt on dumbie." Amy scoffed, causing my head to snap in her direction. Alyssa and Amy stood across the hall, Alyssa didn't look in my direction but Amy glared.

"Why would I put on a shirt? I'm not wearing anything else." I smirked, flinging my door open before opening it. "See you two around."

"Uh, goodnight." Alyssa goodbyed before going into the bathroom. Smirking I took a step into my room, unfortunately Amy followed.

"Start wearing clothes creep." She scoffed, sifting through the small amount of work I had to look at for university.

"You act as if I don't wear clothes at all." I scoffed, walking into my cupboard to get changed. She scoffed.

"Why don't you want to meet your mate?" She asked, the same question she has been asking me for three years.

"I do, but I'm going to finish uni first." I lied.

"Having a mate is more important than uni." She scoffed. I pulled my shirt over my head before stepping out.

"Do you hear yourself?" I scoffed staring at her. "My mate this, my mate that."

"But mates are important." Amy said in a duh tone.

"You're only looking at meeting your mate, whatare you going to do after?" I argued. "If you keep acting like this you're just going to end up like a dumb girl that desperately needs a guy to save her. What if your mate rejects you? What if they're in love with someone else? What if they aren't good enough or they're lazy?" I ranted. "What if you want to leave them one day?" I lowered my voice. "There is such a thing as the future and you need to pay more attention to that than meeting your mate and expecting they do everything else for the rest of your life."

"Spoken like someone who doesn't want their mate." She spat, the amger in her words, her words. Made me clench my jaw to supress my rage.

"Don't you dare." I shook my head.

"Look, we'll continue this conversation later." She rolled her eyes. "You get so grumpy." She scoffed, walking out.

I closed the door behind her. How dare she. How dare my sister say such a thing anf believe that she should act helpless for her mate. My phone buzzed, catching my attention. Picking it up, I didn't bother checking to see who it is. "Hello?"

"Yes, this is Horas from your phone company." A gruff posh voice greeted me. Smiling, I let out a chuckle. "We see that you've been watching extremely erotic porn on your device and we were wondering if you'd recommend some to- sorry I can't do it." Copious amounts of laughing broke through the phone. "Hey Axel."

"Hey Darren." I smirked.

"The gang and I are going to Busy Burger, want to bring your sister and her friend? We're going to the clearing after." Darren offered.

"Yeah I'll go, I'll ask the girls tomorrow." I threw myself onto my bed.

"Any luck with Alyssa?" Darren snickered.

"What?" I asked gobsmacked.

"She's obviously the reason you're not mate searching." Darren explained. "Unless..."

"Darren." I warned, growling.

"Dude, no... she couldn't... Alyssa, she is your-" someone cut Darren off.

"Darren who on Earth are you on the phone with!? You told me to as I quote "just wait here Rosie, I'm going to get you some icecream" where is the ice-cream Darren." A familiar voice growled.

"Hi Rosie!" I greeted.

"Oh, heya Axel." She greeted taking the phone from Darren. "My mates being an ass." Rosie paused, proabby to glare at her mate.

"Lets kill him." I persuaded.

"I like the way you think Allison." She giggled. "Anyway, what were you two talking about? I heard Alyssa being mentioned." Darren said something but I couldn't hear it. "Is Alyssa your-"

"Axel Hans Allison! Who on Earth are you on the phone with this late?" My mother appeared, I hadn't heard her come in.

"Mum!" I sat up in alarm. "Mum get out." I laughed, running a hand down my face. "I'll call you back tomorrow Rosie."

"Oh, say Hi to Darren and Rosie for me!" Mum smiled.

"Tell your mum we say Hi back." Rosie giggled before I hung up.

"They say hi." I eyed my mother.

"Goodnight baby." She smiled before walking out and leaving the door open. Groaning I got out of bed to close the door. Alyssa was towel drying her hair wearing short shorts. My wolf purred as the scent from the shower drifted towards me, the foggy smell coated in her sent. I could feel myself shifting, so I quickly closed my door to calm down. The hallway was filled with her scent.