30: A squad

Amy Allisons POV

I found out I loved flannels. And happy faces. I led Alyssa upstairs to our room and smiled in satisfaction of hearing her gasp. My room was no longer untidy and poorly kept with a few boy band pictures. My room had a scheme.

My rugs were all a light, sky blue. My walls painted a darker shade than the carpets. And on the wall above my bed - a painting of the world. I had decorated it with flyers and aeroplanes of where I thought looked interesting. Alyssa was eyeing the white lampshade I had put in. And my desk was clean and organised. "This is - amazing!" She gasped, going into my cupboard that had been emptied and restocked. "I love your hair - and your clothes!" She gasped as she pulled me into another hug.

"I can't believe I hadn't thought of this before, it's amazing. And books - don't even get me started - the Perks Of Being A Wallflower - I'm dead." I giggled excitedly, dragging her over to my bookshelf. "I'm really into Teen things and tragic - like the fault in our stars, I've only read some of it. I'm obsessed with Papertowns - a lot of John Green as you can see." She smiled as I continued to ramble about books.

"Maybe one day you can get into Young Adult fantasy with me." She joked as she stared at my books.

"One more thing." I held up my hand, pulling a wrapped gift from behind my lamp. "Here, happy early birthday." She took the wrapped gift from me reluctantly. "I'm practicing wrapping for the real thing - your birthday birthday gift is going to be amazingly wrapped." She laughed at me, opening the gift. She gasped in surprise as she stared at the book.

"Where did you get this?" She asked me smiling.

"Went all over town - but I got it." I smiled as she hugged the book to her chest. The very one she had gotten from the library and was yet to finish. "I know how much you loved it and thought - hey why not?" She pulled me into a strong hug.

"Thank you." She whispered.

I know that know Alyssa is here with us again - we all know something she doesn't. Mum and Dad respected Axels wishes and didn't let it slip about the whole mate ordeal. I never knew I could be this happy about my brother being mated to my best friend.

At least we wouldn't have to keep this secret for long.

Tomorrow we're setting up for her party.

She was born ten at night - and as an Alisson tradition - that's when we would have the cake.

I was to entertain Alyssa - wherever I wanted as the rest of the family and friends set up the hall for tomorrow. None of the people at the party would be present at ten o'clock. We'd go home, watch a few movies and then - ten o'clock the cake comes out.

And so does their mate bond.

I trembled in excitement at the thought of it. The biggest and most life changing secret.

Even though Alyssa opened my eyes up that - mates aren't everything - Axel was definitely something. Three years my brother had waited, three years he let Alyssa grow up.

And that was the most respectful, admirable and loveable characteristics for anyone.

And Axel would give her the life she deserves - the life she wants.

Freedom.

Alyssa was going to be as free as the wind. Free as the birds that flew in the sky. Free.

Alyssa.

Axel.

Amy.

I never accepted it until now, but we were always a trio.

The A squad.