36: Axie-poo

Axel Allisons POV

Mind whirling and palms sweating, I watched as Dad set up the microphone. "Hello everyone!" Dad said through the microphone. "Now, everyone we're here to wish our Alyssa a very happy birthday!" Everyone cheered as Alyssas face heated up. I sat further down the table, it would have been rather weird if instead of her friends sitting beside her - it was her best friends brother. So here I sat - thankfully with my friends and none of the teenagw girls who were constantly looking my way. "So we have speeches for the special birthday girl - now mine is - " he unfolded a piece of paper before laughing and throwing it aside. "Alyssa - we opened our doors for you, a very special girl who makes our children actually behave." A large number of people - who knew Amy and I very well - laughed. "And you'll always be welcome to come over no matter where life takes you." Everyone cheered as Dad left the stage, one of Alyssas cousins took the stage.

"Alyssa - even though there were problems between our parents and I thought the first time I met you - that you would hate me, but you didn't. Instead of meeting a horribly bad influenced child, I met you - a kind, sweet and beautiful angel who deserves the world." Her cousin smiled at Alyssa, her auburn hair in braids. "And now look at you - sixteen and still a cute little thing." Everyone laughed. "Happy birthday, I love you." She smiled, coming off the stage. Amy went up, many cheers and whoops - mainly from a still flushed Alyssa.

"Now - before Alyssa knocked some sense into me - I was a selfish, unruly and total bitc - I mean mean person." Amy smiled sheepishly at Mum. "And now - well, I hope you forgive me Liss for taking a long time to figure it all out. Thank you, and I can't believe you're already sixteen - Happy birthday." Amy smiled blowing a kiss to her best friend.

My little mate was smiling happily at my sister as more people got up on stage and delivered speeches.

Darren ended up peeling Rosie grapes - then feeding them to her as she smiled happyily. Alyssa had given Molly into Rosies care - which she happily agreed, letting the white fluff ball sit in her lap. Molly was napping as everyone else continued to eat, the loud, obnoxious chatter a lot more quiet than it had been before. And I caught myself looking in my mates direction.

Her long blonde hair in waves - so soft and shiny.

Her carmel eyes filled with happiness and light.

Her smile showed her teeth as jer head whipped side to side while talking with people.

And that's when I smelt it - Lavender, cinnamon and pepermint. The smells that radiated off my mate.

I directed my gaze back to my small group - soon.

Soon I would be able to call her mine aloud.

Soon she will be glued to my side - and I to hers.

Soon my little mate will curl up beside me and sleep.

Soon I will be able to take and do whatever I want with her and not have her or anyone else ask - why?

So I let her be spoiled by others for now - for I will spoil her for the rest of her life.

"Isn't that the shirt you bought for her? Got to say Allison - looking through your recites was rather odd - a lot of girly things." Rosie teased, Mollys nose twitched as if sensing Rosie had turned to me.

It was good that Molly was so taken with me - if my mate didn't reject me - then it wouldn't be weird in having Molly around.

If she hated me - who knows how I would hope. Silly little dog.

Molly licked my finger with her small, warm tongue. I wonder what Molly would do if she saw me in my wolf form?

Definitely not lick and yip at me every two seconds.

"Come on Axel - we're going outside for pictures." Amy called, grabbing my hand and dragging me outside, everyone else following.

Rosie gave to much slack on Mollys leash, letting the small dog trot beside me.

Outside, everyone was getting into position for a portrait. I of course, being tall, was in a row behind Alyssa - but unfortunately I wasn't directly behind her.

Staring at her smiling, Molly in her arms - the camera clicked. Shoot, quickly I looked at the camera like everyone else.

Then there was a few more pictures, some of immediate friends, family. Then Alyssa and us - the Allisons.

We all stood with Alyssa, my arm going over her shoulder as the photographer took the picture.

Then there was one with just Amy and Alyssa - a lot more than one.

The sun started to set - seemingly to take forever, I wished for it to be ten o'clock - I have spent nearly over three years of my life waiting for my little mate and today at exactly ten tonight - she will know.

She will know that I spent three years waiting for her - she will know that I fell hopelessly in love with her on my sixteenth birthday.

And now, hopefully, she to will do the same - not the waiting for three years.

I don't know if I could stand waiting that long. A few days or months - I could do that. But more years I think not.

Alyssa was staring out at the beautiful pond as Amy conversed with the photographer. Molly sat obediently at her side, tail wagging slightly as she to - stared out into the pond.

I made my way over to her, Molly staring happily at me as I stared at Alyssa. "Happy Birthday."

"You already wished me that." She laughed, staring back at me. "What do you think - Mollys a real hit with the kids."

"And Rosie - although I guess she could class as a kid." I joked, watching her laugh wad always my favourite thing - although it couldn't trump me being the one to make her laugh.

"I heard the party's over - want me to drive you back?" She offered, still smiling.

"As long as you don't kill me - " she scoffed, shoving my shoulder gently.

"Not with Molly as a casualty." She joked.

"I see how it is." I scoffed, scooping her up and spinning her around. She let go of Mollys leash but the little dog barked excitedly from the ground.