8: Rosie you chicken

Axel Allisons POV

The bell above Busy Burger rang through my ears as I kept the two girls under my arms. The place wasn't called Busy Burger to over compensate, the place was packed with werewolves and humans alike. The first familiar person I spotted was Rosie. Her flamboyant, dyed pink hair caught our attention, causing us to manoeuvre around rushing kids.

"Hey - Alyssa!" Someone called out. Turning I was met with my age old enemy - Dorian Lin - not that he knew that. He smiled awkwardly in her direction. "Amy, A-Axel." I smirked menacingly down at him.

"Oh. Hi. Dorian." Alyssa greeted. My smirk grew as my mate looked as if she wanted to leave.

"Sorry Dorian, bonding time with my girls." I shooed him, dragging Amy and Alyssa away. Amy, the fool, broke out from under my arm.

"Hey Dorian, you want to come sit?" She fluttered her eyelashes at him and placed a hand on his arm. My eye brows raised, not only is she my sister, but she's been trying to get Alyssa to hook up with this low life only to do this. Dorian smiled widely. What happened to saving yourself for your mate, Amy? I thought to myself as the two walked over. As soon as Dorian was beside us, his gaze went back to Alyssa.

"A squad - random dude." Rosie greeted, eyeing Dorian. Dorian introduced himself and sat himself right beside Alyssa, between Amy and her best friend. But Amy wasn't fazed as she smiled up at Dorian. Grinding my teeth, I sat beside Alyssa, greeting some of my friends. Alyssa tried to converse with Rosie, but Dorian kept trying to gain her attention. Keeping myself reclusive, I spoke to Darren and Jordan. Jordan Goshen was two years older than me, making him twenty one, he never lets it down and proceeds to play mother hen. His unruly dirty blonde hair matches his a year younger sisters, Georgia. The two are completely the same, but totally different. Their looks mirror each other, only ones a female and the other males. Then there's Darren, dark skin, and all smiles with a tattoo on his bicep, the definition of scary and intimidating. Digging her nails in it beside him, was his mate. Rosie. Her hair a fairy floss pink, her eyes a turquoise and her skin paler than the moon. Nobody messed with her. The odd one out in their group was France Dublin, he hated his name. His hair was long and black, his skin a dark tan and his eyes were so brown they were almost black as well. He had the most morbid sense of humour. His wolf was completely a golden brown and was hyperactive, opposite to his human form.

"Let me get this straight Amy, you don't have the intellectual capacity to eat another doughnut?" Rosie raised her eyebrows, repeating the exact words the brown haired girl had told her.

"Yes, that's what I said." Amy replied smirking.

"Hey - Alyssa, are you free on Friday - " the smart guy cut himself off. Looking at his lap blushing, my teeth grinded again as I instead stared across the table, my frown turned upside down as I sent a thankful smile at Darren who had apparently sent one look at the boy to cause him to put his tail between his legs. A phone going off inerupted everyones conversations as Dorian quickly stood up and answered it. "Ye-Yes mum." He didn't even hang up the phone, obviously his mother had. "Sorry I got to go, don't miss me to much Alyssa." He sent her a shy smile.

"I'll try." She replied vaguely, not meeting his stare as she turned back to the table. The bell rang, signalling Dorian had left.

"You're so talented, you don't even have to try." Rosie smirked, clasping Alyssas hand in her own. Darren smiled happily as Dorian was gone. "It reminds me the first time when a boy had a crush on me! He'd walk me home from school and carry my things." The pearly white smile fell right off Darrens face. "Anyway - " Georgia placed a hand over her pink haired friends mouth with a smile.

"France where is your mate?" I asked, bracing my elbows on the table.

"Chris is running errands out of town for the alpha." France replied, sipping from his drink. Amy took Dorians old seat smiling as she took a chip from me.

"When are we going to the clearing?" She asked excitedly.

"I'm ready to stretch." Alyssa replied excitedly beside me, her food finished.

"Now I'm excited. I want to see if my hair dye shows up on my wolf." Rosie smiled excitedly.

"Why would it - " Jordan was cut off by Darren.

"Don't even question it." Darren warned, looking out for his friend as his mate whirled towards the twin, ready to explain. "Let's just go now." Darren stood, everyone following his lead as they left their money on the table. Everyone made to the forests' edge behind Busy Burger as they took a few steps into the foliage in human form. Rosie was the first to shift, her mate following suit. Quickly, everyone else but me and Alyssa shifted. She gave me a doe eyed look and shifted from foot to foot.

"What's wrong Al?" I asked, touching her elbow gently.

"Sorry, just catching my breath." She rolled her shoulders smiling. "I keep forgetting how to shift because I'm nervous." She admitted.

"No ones going to make fun of your wolf Als, its the cutest and strongest wolf there is." I told her softly, her nose scrunched up.

"Who said anything about my cute wolf? I look hella fine." She shook her head smiling. "It's just, I don't know whether to tell Dorian that his advances are making me uncomfortable I don't want him to think I have a big head."

"Just tell him that, that the way he acts sometimes makes you uncomfortable, or fo you want me to talk to him?" I offered, taking a step closer.

"No thank you." She giggled. "I'll tell him." She bit her lip then shifted into her small little wolf. In wolf form she barely came up to my upper thigh. Wagging her tail, she awaited for me to shift. Smiling, I shifted.

The two of us bounded after the others, the group already made it to the clearing. My mate jumped gracefully beside me, over logs that were to big for her and tree roots.

We broke into the clearing, other wolfs sending me telepathical conversations as they also made a verbal conversation with my little mate.

Is she your mate? Darrens voice echoed through my head, for only my mind to hear.

Yes.