Chapter Two

Cover made by Dysanic.

--------------------

Dedication: Belladowon for being one of the first to comment on the first chapter of this story! Thank you!

Recap:

Twisting the lock, I threw my scarf into the tiny locker, just as I heard my name be called.

"Issy?"

I knew that voice.

I felt the blood inside my veins turn cold. Goose bumps erupted on my skin at the sound of it.

Holy shit.

He's back.

---------------------

Slowly, I turn.

Miles Carter stands there, in the flesh.

I have imagined, many times, what he would look like now, but my own fantasies can't even live up to the real deal. His ashy, blond hair is messy as usual. He always has the look that he has just rolled out of bed. His strong, angular jaw had widened since he was 16 and he now has stubble. I hate that he has somehow gotten more attractive since leaving. He still possesses the power to turn my insides into liquid, with just one look.

I realise now that I have been standing here, gaping at him, wordlessly.

"It's been a long time," he eventually says, leaning back onto his locker.

My eyes dip over what he is wearing. He has a pair of dark-washed jeans on and a black, leather jacket over the white, polo shirt. I almost faint when I realise that white polo shirt was our school uniform.

He has grown taller and his shoulders broader now. He looks older than most his age, his eyes holding a dark, tortured look that they didn't have before.

"Issy?" he repeats softly.

"What the hell are you doing back here?" I snap, finally gaining my voice.

He blinks, a little taken back. "I came back here, for you."

I open my mouth to retort but nothing comes out.

Miles Carter said what now?

Me...? Did he just...?

"You are un-fucking-believable!" I growl, stomping up to him. "Do you have any idea what you put me and my family through?"

He doesn't move from his position as he stands there, staring at me. It annoys me that my curse - something I would have never said when I was 16 - didn't faze him. I move closer and he doesn't flinch. I hate that he still gets under my skin.

"Of course I do, but you guys cut me out of your life pretty damn quick," he snaps back, his tone holding about the same amount of anger as mine.

I feel my left eye twitch and my cheeks warm as I glare at him. "Yeah, why do you think that is? It's your fault my dad is dead."