Chapter Eight

------------------

------------------

Dedication: Slayingxx for the amazing cover! Thank you!

Recap:

"Coming downstairs?"

I nod, as my phone begins to ring. Bentley's name flashes across the screen.

"Give me a minute," I say to her with a grimace, waving my phone at her face.

"Good luck with that."

With a sigh, I slide my thumb across the screen.

"Hi Bentley."

-------------------

"Hey Is," he says softly. "How are you?"

"Good, you?"

"Okay," he mutters. "Look about last night... I was an asshole."

"Really?" I deadpan.

I hear him wince. "I shouldn't have been with that other girl. I didn't plan for that, it just happened. I guess I have been single for too long."

"We're not dating. You're free to do what you want," I say with a sigh. "I'm more upset with what you said about me to everyone."

"I got jealous, even though I had no right to be. Of course you didn't make out with anyone. You're not an idiot like me."

I bite my tongue, feeling semi-terrible that I actually did.

"Look, I'm not going to hold a grudge against you, but I'm not interested in seeing you anymore. No matter what you say, I know it's probably about sex for you and right now, I'm not ready."

"It's not just about that. I like spending time with you."

"I do, too, but you showed me a different side to you last night and I didn't really like it."

"Okay. Fine. Your call." he replies in a snappy tone.

"Don't be a dick," I sigh. "Look, I'm not saying we can never hang out with each other again, I'm just not ready for what you are."

He's silent and I actually pull the phone away from my ear, to check he is still on the line.

"Okay," he eventually says.

"Besides, you better sort things out with Finn, or else he's probably have words to say to you Monday morning."

He groans. "I should have known not to get involved with you."

"Thanks. Good luck with Finn."

I hang up and toss my phone on the bed, feeling mentally drained. I had a niggling feeling in my mind that Bentley was going to hurt me, but it happened sooner than I thought it was going to.