Chapter Sixteen

----------------------

Dedication: Clumsy_Girl8 for being a supporter of the story and posting one of the quotes from this story on her social media! Thank you! <3

Recap:

"Meet there at 7?" he asks eagerly.

"Okay, I'll be there," I promise him, returning his smile.

With one last squeeze, he lets me go.

I begin walking towards Samara, who is watching me, open mouthed.

Nerves plague my body as I rest my hand on my stomach, hoping that I haven't just made a terrible mistake.

---------------------

"You agreed to go on a date with him?" Samara exclaims in surprise.

"Yeah," I nod. "Is that bad?"

"No, I will always support your decision..." she trails off. "But, what about everything he has done?"

"I know, that's why I'm so hesitant about it. But he truly does seem like he wants to change." I tell her, chewing at my lip.

"What about Alec?"

I blow out a breath, taking a seat beside Samara. I lean my elbows onto my thighs, shaking my head, my dark hair spilling down my shoulders.

"I don't know. I love spending time with him, but I can't help thinking he will get bored and move on soon."

"And what do you think Miles wants from you? A relationship?"

"Seems like it."

"But will he actually follow through? The boy has never had a girlfriend, has he?" she frowns, tucking a piece of her red hair behind her ear.

"I've never had a boyfriend, so I can't say anything on that." I say softly. "Miles was the closest thing."

"You do realise, if you sleep with Miles, you're doing what Miles did to you, but to Alec." she points out.

I shake my head. "It's different."

"It's not."

"It is! Alec and I haven't said we love each other... it's nothing like how it was with Miles."

"You told Miles you loved him?" she asks in shock, her dark eyes widening, her cherry-red lips parting.

I'd never told anyone that, until now.

"Yeah, I did."

"Did he say it back?"

I let out a dry laugh. "No. That should have been a sign."

She wraps her pale, slender arm around me, drawing me to her side. She squeezes me firmly.

"I hope it's different this time."

"Yeah," I agree, my voice barely above a whisper. "Me too."

***

My hands grip the steering wheel tightly as I wait, the clock flashing 6:57. I tap relentlessly on the wheel, trying to distract my racing thoughts.

The roar of a motorbike cuts through the night harshly. I watch wearily as Miles pulls up beside my car. I wipe my palms on my skirt, focusing on breathing evenly.

I look down at my outfit. I'm wearing a straight, black skirt, paired with an electric blue top, with three-quarter sleeves. I have a black jacket over the top, for the cool temperature outside. My hair is straight, falling down my shoulders, somewhat neatly, my lips coated a dark red.