Chapter Eleven

--------------------

Dedication: BlowMeAKiss for the cover! Thank you ❤️💜💙💚💛

Recap:

He rolls back onto his elbow, offering me a goofy, lope-sided smile. "Thank God, I'm so hungry, I was about to eat you."

My cheeks flame even more than they already are as he stands casually, extending his hand. I let him pull me to my feet, as I follow him out to the hallway. As we get to the stairs, he drops my hand. I dart to the bathroom, smoothing over my hair. My face is flushed.

As I walk into the kitchen a few moments later, Alec is already seated at the table, chatting to mum. I pull out my phone and quickly text Samara, asking her for her help.

These boys are going to get me into some serious trouble.

---------------------

"You and Alec, again?" Samara asks me, as she flips through one of my magazines, chewing her gum obnoxiously. "Really thought that was a one-time thing."

"Yeah, I did, too." I agree. "I know he isn't looking to date, he just wants to fool around. But I don't want to sleep with him, so..."

"Why not?" she shrugs. "I know the whole Miles thing has messed with your head, but Alec is a nice guy."

I stare at her, baffled. "He is a player. He has slept with plenty of girls. Once I give it up, he'll get bored and move on. I don't want my first time to be like that."

"Well, that's your choice."

"It is my choice," I argue, frowning. "I only want to do it with someone I'm dating. Who I love."

"Okay, okay, I get it." she replies, holding up her hands in a peace gesture.

I let out a huff. Samara frustrates me. She is so unemotional sometimes. It irks me that she doesn't care about things like that. She sleeps with people and then can see them next day and act like nothing happened.

I'm not wired like that. I'm far too emotional. I blame my mother's annoying genes for that.

"When does Kiarra get back? I miss her," I pout.

Our other best friend and the third member of our trio, Kiarra, has been travelling around Europe for almost two months now. She's gone for three. I miss her terribly. Even though her and Samara butt heads a lot, we are all very close. It feels weird not having her here. She would be more helpful in this situation. She would understand where I'm coming from and back me up. She always disagrees, on pretty much everything, that Samara says.

"Not for a while yet," she replies nonchalantly, continuing to browse through the magazine.

"I'm bored, can we go out?" I ask her, getting to my feet and peering out my window.