Chapter Thirty Five

---------------------

Dedication: Dontworryaboutit30 for saying you love this book! Thank you! <3

Recap:

"I'll make the arrangements," he tells me with confidence. "I'm so happy you want to go."

"I'd go anywhere with you," I reply instantly.

He crawls over to me and gently pushes me so that I'm back to laying down. He tenderly strokes my cheek, his thumb rubbing circles into my skin.

"Thank you for welcoming me back in your life."

I reach up and snake my arms around his neck.

"I'm sorry I ever let you go."

---------------------

Miles' POV:

Having slept by Isobel's side several times now, has made sleeping on my own feel lonely and cold.

I glance over to the empty left side of the bed, imagining what it would be like to wake up with her, every morning. The soft sun rays would fall across her smooth skin. Her brown eyes would peer up at me, so sleepy and peaceful. Her lips would smile as she mumbled, "good morning" to me.

Suppressing a groan, I roll onto my back and stare up at the patchy white ceiling. If only that was my reality.

My door swings open and I snap my head up, to see Emily enter.

"Do you have a lighter?" she asks me, leaning on my door frame, dressed in a short shirt and lacey underwear.

I roll my eyes at her over-the-top attention seeking. She doesn't need one, she just wants me to see her half-naked.

"No, fuck off," I snarl at her and fling my arm over my face.

"Why are you such a dick these days?" she snaps at me, sounding extremely pissed off. "You didn't treat me this way, before her."

"Treated you like what?" I ask her with a sigh, still not moving my arm. "We've never spoke much and the only time you really wanted my attention, was when you saw it on her. Now get out of my room and don't come back."

I can practically hear her scowl as she slams my door shut. I hear the distinct, angry sound of her footfalls and she heads back to her room. Shaking my head, I peel myself off the mattress and direct myself to the bathroom.

I spend the next twenty minutes showering, getting dressed and attempting to find any school work or books I need for the day, only to shove them in my bag.

As I walk own the hall, I don't bother to look down as my feet hit various items of clothing, cigarette packets and empty beer bottles, some even having shattered. This is why I always wear shoes inside, otherwise I'd be leaving a blood trail by now.

"For fuck sake," I mutter when I notice that the bread I bought two days ago has been left open. I see a series of flies inside the packaging of the now-stale bread.

Moving to option two, I search the fruit basket, only to find that they're all mouldy and off. I tip the bowl into the bin with a look of repulse on my face. I don't bother checking the fridge, knowing that the milk will be expired and anything else I've had in there, long gone by now.