16-Xavier's POV

Yes, you read correctly. This is Xavier's POV. Happy reading!

I look over at Braelyn, who sleeps peacefully in the passenger seat. The moonlight illuminates her face, making her beauty even more evident. I swallow, looking away.

There's an ache in my chest. She's so beautiful it physically hurt. I don't know how she doesn't see it. How can she not possibly know she is beautiful?

Braelyn shifts in her sleep a little, and I glance over at her again. A piece of her hair falls into her face, and when I come to a stop sign, I quickly brush it away. My fingertips begin to tingle, and Braelyn sighs.

I pull back then focus on the road. Her house comes into view sooner than I would've liked. Reluctantly, I pull into her driveway and turn the car off. I unbuckle myself then get out.

Rounding the car, I run a hand furiously through my hair. As quietly as I can, I open her door. She shifts again, and I reach over her and unbuckle her.

Slowly, I lift her, bridal style, out of the car. Her arms wrap around my neck automatically, and she snuggles into me. Being this close to her makes my heart race and my hands shake.

She makes me crazy, but that happens when you're in love, right? It hurt that she doesn't love me back. She's Ridge's, and I am afraid she'll fall in love with him. I don't trust him. I could tell her that all day, and she would still choose him. Even if I gave her an ultimatum, she would still choose him. It's scary to think that they've been dating for three days, and I know she would choose him. She falls too easily and loves too hard, in my opinion, and that is the worst thing she could do.

Biting my lip, I make my way up her porch and into her house. "Braelyn?" Kyle asks from the living room.

"It's Xavier," I say, and Kyle meets me at the stairs.

"Wow, she's already asleep? It's only eight," he says.

I nod. "Yeah, I guess the arcade drained her."

Kyle smiles. "Okay, is there anything in your car that's hers?"

"Just her bookbag and a gigantic panda," I say, and Braelyn snuggles closer to me. "I'm going to take her to bed."

Kyle nods then walks out the door to get her things. I make my way upstairs and to her room. Her scent, flowers, hits me instantly, and I inhale. It relaxes me, and I lay her in her bed.

I slide her shoes off then pull the blanket over her. She snuggles into her pillow, and I lean down. Softly, I press my lips to her forehead. "Goodnight, beautiful," I whisper then turn around.

Kyle smiles at me. "She'll realize one day," he says.

I raise my eyebrows. "Realize what?" I ask, playing innocent.

"That you're in love with her," he says, placing her bag in the chair then Pandavier at the bottom of her bed.

I shake my head. "She likes Ridge too much to notice me," I say as we walk out of her room.

"It's been three days, Xavier. Things can change," Kyle says then retreats downstairs. I stand there for a moment then leave.
××××××
I decide to go to Marcus'. I knock on the door, and a few moments later he answers. "What's up?" he asks, letting me in.

"Can I crash here tonight?" I ask.

"Of course," he replies, "Mom, Xavier's staying the night!"

Marcus' mom comes down the stairs, and she smiles when she sees me. "Hi, honey."

"Hi, Ms. O," I greet.

"I'm going to go. I'll see you boys later," she says, kissing us both on the cheek before leaving.

I look at Marcus. "Another date?" I ask.

He nods. "Yes, with Bill," he says.

I make a face. "I don't like him," I reply.

"Me either. So, how'd it go with Braelyn?" he asks as we walk up to his room.

"Great. She beat me at basketball, and I had to win her a gigantic teddy bear," I say.

Marcus narrows his eyes. "You let her win, didn't you?"

I grin, sitting on his bed. "Maybe I did. Maybe I didn't."

"Why don't you just ask her out? You've liked her since Freshman year," Marcus says.

I groan, laying back. "Because she's been in a relationship."

"There was a time she wasn't," Marcus points out.

"And she was crying herself to sleep that time," I reply, "Now, she's dating Ridge."

"It's been three days. You better tell her how you feel before things get serious."

"She doesn't like me."

He groans, "How do you know that?" He looks at me, raising his eyebrows. I don't answer him for a moment, and he throws a pillow at me. "Huh?"

"By the way she looks at me. She doesn't look at me like you would look at someone you like," I reply.

Marcus rolls his eyes. "She probably hasn't realized it yet. Maybe if you tell her how you feel-"

"And what if she doesn't feel the same way? What if I pour my heart out to her, and she laughs?" I snap. "I'll look like a complete idiot, Marcus."

"That's a lot of 'what ifs,' Xavier," he says, "You never know if you don't try."

I don't say anything else after that. He is right, but the thought of telling Braelyn how I feel terrified me. I don't want to look like a fool if she doesn't like me back. I don't want to get my heart broken. I seen Braelyn go through it, and I hated seeing her suffer.

One thing I do know is that if I tell her how I feel and she feels the same way, she would never shed a tear again.

That's a promise.