Alia

After having a mini heart attack from my dream, I realized that there was something next to me in bed. I looked over to see Jace, sleeping next to me, his arms wrapped around my waist. I let out a scream and pushed myself out of his death grip. I fell to the floor, landing right on my butt. I groaned as I looked up to see a half confused but half amused Jace, staring at me.

            “What are you doing sleeping with me?” I asked, fully awake now.

            “It’s my room and my bed so why wouldn’t I sleep in it?” He asked smirking at my reaction.

            “I’m not sleeping with you. I’ll sleep somewhere else.” I stated and looked at the clock to see that it was only seven in the morning. It was too early for me to be up. I groaned and fell back on the floor, laying there on my back, staring up at the ceiling.

            “You know mates are supposed to sleep together.” He stated, which made me sit up and stare at him.

            “Not when I just gave you a second chance to actually make me like you. I don’t want to move fast and if you force me, then,” I was cut off by Jace.

            “I would never force you to do anything you didn’t want to do.” He said.

            I remembered I was still wearing the same clothes that I had and desperately needed new clothes if I was going to live here. I frowned. This was too much thinking for it being seven in the morning. All I knew was that I wasn’t sleeping in the same bed as him. That was going too far for me, and pretty awkward if you ask me. He sighed and said, “Fine. You sleep in the bed. I’ll go sleep on the couch downstairs.”

            I watched him closely as he got out of the bed, stretching as he sat up. He was only wearing boxers and my heart started to flutter at the sight of him practically naked. He turned and smirked when he caught me staring at him. Stupid emotions. He laughed when I started to blush because I was caught staring at his extremely muscular body. He walked over to me and lifted up my chin so I would look at him in the eyes.  As soon as he touched me, it was like sparks flew. My skin heated up and I actually craved his touch.

            “Don’t hide your blush, it’s adorable. And I know I have an amazing body.” He winked at me as he walked towards the door.

            This made me blush even more. He just chuckled as he left the room, shutting the door quietly behind him. His ego needed to go way down but I’m sure I wasn’t helping it go down when I was caught checking him out. I sighed and plopped down on the bed. I was going to take advantage of sleeping since I had been sleeping on the ground the previous night and wanted to get as much sleep as possible. I closed my eyes and enjoyed the softness of the bed.

            I woke up with the sun blinding my eyes. I groaned and covered my eyes, not wanting to get up. The clock read ten o’clock. I sat up to find a piece of paper lying next to me. On the front it said, “My beautiful Mate.” A smile crept on my face as I read the word beautiful. Sure, Matthew called me that before but it wasn’t sentimental. Jace was the first person to actually mean it when they called me beautiful. I opened the piece of paper and it read, “Hey, sorry I have to leave. I have some Alpha business to take care of. I’ll be back in a few hours. Fill free to do whatever, but I have guards posted outside, so don’t try and run. I’ll see you later.”

            I stared at the note and frowned. What was I supposed to do here? I got up from the bed and walked towards the door. All I knew was that I was hungry and wanted food. I headed down to the main floor, trying to find the kitchen. Thankfully, it wasn’t as hard as I thought it was to find. It took me a good ten minutes to find everything I needed, just to make a bowl of cereal. The kitchen was large enough to be a master bedroom for crying out loud. The house was extremely quiet for some reason, and I wondered where everyone was. Didn’t people from the pack live here too? Then I remembered Jace saying only werewolves stay here if they wanted too, but there is another pack house, where most of them stay.