01| Vim

0 1 

V i m 

(n.) lively or energetic spirits; enthusiasm; vitality.

☆☆☆

Some souls just understand each other upon meeting.

  – N.R.Hart

☆☆☆

1st of September, 2021

☆☆☆

 It was no secret that Rose-Granger Weasley's cousin was Hogwarts' outcast along with his friend, Scorpius Malfoy.

It was a known fact that Harry Potter's son and Malfoy's Death Eater were two people that most students insisted on staying away from, whether it was being a Herbology project partner or even just a random passerby.

And it was heartbreaking for Rose to see, least to say.

Because she knew what absolute sweethearts Albus and Scorpius were, and perhaps she never let it show through, but she appreciated them more than she should.

After spending majority of her summer vacation with her grandmother Molly Weasley at the Burrow, Rose is more than ready to start her sixth year at Hogwarts. She already read all her school books, and even scribbled down some notes in advance just because she got too excited.

Rose was clutching her suitcase in her palms as she waited for Albus, huffing in annoyance as she glanced at her wrist watch. Albus never seems to be on time – Yes Rose, I promise by nine o'clock I'll be there – and it was giving Rose another reason to yell at him in the train hallway.

It was already nine forty-five and there was absolutely no sign of a black-haired boy or a gangly blonde.

Rose gritted her teeth, glancing at her brother, Hugo, who so happened to be reading Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them by Newt Scamander. Rose let out a small breath, already fumbling with the straps of her carry-on. She looked at Hugo again. "Which creature are you in?"

Hugo didn't even bother to look at her. "Ashwinder."

"What are invisibility cloaks made of?"

"Demiguise skin."

Rose cracked a grin. "I knew it wasn't your first time reading that book."

Now Hugo looked up to her, his eyes narrowed in offense. "Please, Rose, stop acting stupid just because your dumb boyfriend didn't come yet."

Rose's cheeks flamed into a furious magenta. "He's not my boyfriend!"

Hugo mindlessly went back to his book, not before muttering Sure, whatever you say short-stack and just as Rose was about to yell at her idiotic little brother for his idiotic assumptions –

"Rose!"

Her eyes snapped to a head of messy black hair, but delighted green eyes; dangly arms and a full on beam on Albus' face. He definitely grew at least a foot during the summer, and Rose even noticed the volume in his arms and chest, and the yells of You are late as usual Albus! was just about to leave her lips until her eyes landed on Scorpius Malfoy.

If Albus grew a foot over the summer, then Scorpius must've grown a good foot and a half because Rose had to crane her neck up to meet his glimmering gaze. His arms were no longer the gangly ones Rose was so accustomed to, but rather, slight muscle that Rose noticed when he waved at her.