08| Felicity

0 8

F e l i c i t y 

(n.) pleasantness.

  ☾☾☾ 

It's important to remember that we all have magic inside us.

– J.K. Rowling

  ☾☾☾ 

When Scorpius asked Rose where she got the idea for her Halloween costume from, she just grinned at him.

"When I was in your Common Room," she said, and Scorpius could instantly feel himself heat up, "I saw a first-year Muggle-born reading The Little Mermaid." Rose's eyes glittered with amusement, shining almost turquoise. "Then I got the idea of being Ariel."

Scorpius nodded his head. "Makes sense."

"What about you?" Rose asked him, clasping her palms. "Where did you get the idea for the White Queen from?"

Scorpius smiled. "When I saw you in the library earlier that day, in the Muggle Studies section –" Scorpius chuckled lightly when Rose pursed her lips. "– I remembered there was a really popular book British Muggles read. Alice in Wonderland, it was, and then I decided to become the White Queen just because her pictures were everywhere."

Rose nodded, impressed. "Nice," she said simply, but there was a hint of triumph in her voice. "But I still won."

Scorpius rolled his eyes. "Alright Rose, we get it."

Rose laughed, while Albus snickered. "Still think I should've won," he said bitterly, pursing his lips. "My outfit was incredible."

The three were seated in the Slytherin Common Room today, and even though it appeared to be a regular day, Scorpius could immediately sense the amount of booby traps his housemates – mainly Vincent and Zachary – have set up for them. Scorpius' hair was this close to being set on fire because he almost lied down on a pillow that was so clearly charmed – Really Goyle? Charmed pillows? You ought to do better if you want to trick me, I mean, I am friends with Albus, if you haven't noticed, this is all child's game – and Albus shrieked when hot boils appeared all over his face when he sneakily took one of Zachary's sweets and gobbled it down – NOT MY FACE YOU IDIOTS MERLIN'S BEARD – and Rose was quick to flick her wand at Albus' face and get it back to normal.

Needless to say, Albus has been spending the past hour and a half doing the same to Vincent and Zachary's beds in the dormitory.

Even though Albus muttered I have some things to do in the boys' dormitory don't wait up for me, Scorpius could clearly see his true intentions through his mischievous smile. Rose was quick to catch onto it too, quirking an eyebrow at Albus before she shrugged. "Scorpius and I will be here in the Common Room, since I am not allowed in the boys' dormitory," she said simply.

"That's not what you said a few days ago," Albus snickered back, to which Rose instantly coloured at.

"T-That was different!" Rose spluttered, gritting her teeth. "Anyway – if you do manage to score yourself in trouble as you usually do – understand that just because I'm a Prefect doesn't mean I am going to help you out."

Albus rolled his eyes. "Duh Rose, of course I knew that." Albus then smirked. "It's because you're a Prefect that I want to cause as much trouble for you as I possibly can."