06| Forelsket

0 6

F o r e l s k e t

(n.) the euphoria you experience when you are first falling in love.

☾☾☾

A lover doesn't discourage your growth. A lover says, 'I see who you are today, I cannot wait to see who you become tomorrow.'

– Donte Collins

☾☾☾

Scorpius was going to lose, for sure.

Halloween was in two days, and he still didn't have any idea on what he was going to dress up as. The fact that Rose and Albus expected so much of him wasn't helping either – now he needed an outfit so good that even the Bloody Baron, Slytherin's House Ghost, would flash Scorpius a bloody grin.

But his Muggle Arts assignment was taking up all his time – or maybe, Scorpius was just addicted to drawing with a pencil at this point – and he was running out of time fast. Albus was more than prepared, grinning at Scorpius before he muttered Get ready to do my homework, Scorp, and dashed to the Slytherin Common Room.

Albus was probably adding special effects to his costume by now, and Rose was nowhere to be seen, which meant that she was off putting the finishing touches on her costume. Scorpius was going to lose so miserably, and he didn't actually think things would escalate this quickly, but it did, and he was going to have to pay for it.

In a matter of forty-eight hours, Scorpius would need to think of a costume that would have everyone in the Great Hall gasp, and just the thought of everyone staring at him made Scorpius groan into his hands.

☾☾☾

"Is it everything you wanted, Sir Nicholas?" Scorpius asked worriedly, fiddling with the sleeves of his ropes. "Because if you want any chances at all, all you need to do is say the word and I'll –"

"It's perfect!" Nearly Headless Nick exclaimed, giving Scorpius a watery smile. "Scorpius, you outdid yourself – truly – and this has got to be the best Deathday Party decorations I have seen in centuries!" The misty ghost exclaimed, giving Scorpius a wide grin. "Thank you Scorpius, you did lovely work. I will let Professor Slughorn know about this immediately, and I'm sure he'll grant Slytherin twenty points."

Scorpius smiled shyly. "Thank you Sir Nicholas," he said quietly, nodding his head. "Albus and Rose helped me too, so I shouldn't take all the credit."

Nearly Headless Nick smiled, and he gave Scorpius a tip of his misty blue hat. "You are an exemplary student, Scorpius," he said quietly, his eyes gleaming. "I wish all the other students could see it too."

Scorpius tried not to choke out a noise of surprise, but he let out a small yelp of surprise anyway. He flashed Nearly Headless Nick a smile. "Thank you, Sir Nicholas."

Nearly Headless Nick shook his head. "Please – call me Nearly Headless Nick. We are friends now Scorpius, if you ever need anything, let me know."

Scorpius thought he was going to cry. "Of course, Nearly Headless Nick."

☾☾☾

It was during Quiddich that Scorpius remembered he had a flask of Felix Felicis.

Given that being almost forty feet up in the air wasn't the safest of conditions to remember something that trivial, but Scorpius could feel a surge of hope go through him.