10| Elysian

1 0

E l y s i a n

(adj.) beautiful or creative; divinely inspired; peaceful and perfect.

☾☾☾

We're only as strong as we are united, and as weak as we are divided.

– Albus Dumbledore

☾☾☾

Rose was ecstatic.

She had been blabbering about Wi-Fi – which Scorpius was still confused about – for almost three days now – Merlin's Beard Scorpius you have no idea how much easier this will make writing a paper – and even though he barely understood what she was saying half the time, he still couldn't stop smiling.

She had this glow to her when she spoke – around her pupil, the tops of her cheeks, her smile – and it was just so refreshing, because even though it's freezing cold in Hogwarts at this point, whenever Scorpius looked at Rose, he could feel himself instantly warm up.

If anything, Scorpius thought Rose looked absolutely stunning in winter.

Mornings were a subtle mist that made Rose's eyes gleam almost a baby blue, her hair such a stark contrast to it that Scorpius could spot her almost instantaneously – but evenings were different, where Rose just felt like a cocoon of warmth, with her fiery hair and gentle eyes. Scorpius couldn't get enough of her – not with their secret dates in the Forbidden Forest, and not with his hands around her waist in the back of the library – it seemed that with Rose, there was never enough time.

Scorpius couldn't feel the minutes and hours when he was with her – he was lost in her very being, in her – and god, if Scorpius could explore her for the rest of his lives, he would. There was just no doubt in Scorpius' mind that if the world did begin with beauty, it would begin and end with Rose – that was what made sense to him in the conundrum that the world gave him in Physics and Mechanics.

If there was one thing worth going through hell for, it would be Rose – always.

"You're quiet," Rose said, her fingers gently encompassing Scorpius' wrist. Her eyes shone aquamarine in the afternoon glow. "Something on your mind?"

Scorpius smiled and gave her a small kiss on her cheek. "Just thinking about everything and nothing," he told her, Rose entwining their fingers together. "We still on for my Muggle Studies essay?"

Rose grinned, laughing slightly. "Yes, Scorpius," she said, giving their linked fingers a squeeze. "I promised you I'd help out – plus, we need to prepare for Potions."

Scorpius furrowed his eyebrows. "What about Potions?"

"The pop quiz, duh," Rose retorted, rolling her eyes. "Honestly Scorp, I thought you'd have Professor Slughorn's quiz pattern by now."

Scorpius chuckled lightly, tucking a curl behind her ear. "I'm sorry Rose," he said, smiling. "I can't take my eyes off you during Potions."

Rose rolled her eyes, but her cheeks instantly coloured. "Stop being dumb, Scorp," she whined, and Scorpius couldn't help but laugh at the bashful smile on Rose's lips. She gave him a light kiss on his temple. "Every fortnight," she said quietly, and Scorpius leaned his head on Rose's shoulder. "Professor Slughorn does his quizzes every fortnight."

The Forbidden Forest was the definition of scary and terrifying to any student at Hogwarts – and that it one of the reasons as to why it was forbidden and banned to them – but Scorpius swears that in the afternoon daylight, and around the frosting grass, Rose couldn't be described in words.