38. Bonding with the Crew

Shayley hadn't seen Cal fight and forgot herself as she joined the crowd to get a better look at her Calloway's brawl.

To the Dravenkin's surprise Dakota didn't fall over, in fact he smiled and threw a punch with even more force at Cal.

Cal took it like a man. He smiled and replied with another attack.

Blow for blow the two traded punches that shook the entire dock. Shayley cheered for Cal, but also had to hide the nosebleed caused by her passionate excitement. She was a warrior woman after all, and to see her beloved fight so steadfastly caused a great stir within her.

"Kick his filthy ass, Baby!" Shayley yelled.

A murmur went through the crowd.

"Is that the princess?"

"I think it is."

"Is she really shouting those things?"

"I think she is."

"Is she rooting for the captain?"

"How does she know the captain?"

"What is she calling him?"

"Are they lovers?"

The room hiccupped as the crew took that thought in, and firmly rejected it.

""""Naaah!""""

"Mommy, what is going on?" A small girl squeezed through the crowd and grabbed Kadoka's hand.

"Mommy?" Calloway didn't check his punch and sent Dakota flying into the crowd as he caught sight of the little girl that looked like an even more miniature Kadoka. He flinched when he realized he sent Dakota flying. "Oops."

He turned to Kadoka once the room got quiet and gasped.

"Teeny made a Tiny!" He pointed at the little girl.

"I am not tiny!" the girl fearlessly yelled at the man who had sent her uncle flying. "Mommy who is this rude man, kick him out!"

Cal's eyes grew huge as Kadoka covered her daughters mouth. She couldn't even express her embarrassment with any more than half syllables and flushed cheeks.

"She's so cuuuute!" He looked her over like some mysterious object, he pointed at the girl and asked Kadoka. "Is she really-?"

Kadoka's blush released steam from the top of her head as she looked away and nodded her head.

"A half elemental, hi sweety. And what is your name?" Cal bent down to talk to the girl.

"Go ahead, baby. He's an old friend." Kadoka urged, once she regained some of her composure.

"Hmph, my name is Loacodas, by everyone calls me Loca." She frowned.

"Lil' Loca, what a cute name."

"I'm not little!" Loca's hair began to smolder until Kadoka put a calming hand on her.

"Calm down Loca, this is my captain. You need to show him the same respect that my crew shows me." Kadoka started petting Loca.

"Mommy's Captain!" Loca began to shake and bowed. "Excuse me, sir. I am very sorry. It's an honor to meet you!" She shouted nervously.

"She's shaking like a leaf, what did you tell her about me?"

"When she asked about why I loved the sea so much I told her about you. Then she was so curious I began telling her bed time stories about how we conquered the Segaro and Northlandic seas."