she's a cosmic queen

☼  ☼  ☼

☼  ☼  ☼

"Hello?"

"Morning, sunshine."

Andi rolled her eyes at the sound of Tony's voice and looked at the clock on her bedside table. It was four in the morning, which meant it was too early for him to be calling her, at least in her own opinion. She had school in about four hours and needed all the sleep she could get, so him calling at four in the morning was only interrupting her sleep cycle. She wasn't even sure why he was calling, but she figured she would find out within the next few minutes or so.

"May I ask why you're calling me at four o'clock in the morning?" Andi grumbled.

"I was just calling to see what you and your little pals got into last night," Tony said to her. "Did you have a good night?

"Seriously?"

"Heard you went to a house party in the suburbs," Tony chuckled, further irritating the blonde. Each minute he spent wasting time asking about her night, she could've been fast asleep preparing for the long day at school she knew she had ahead of her. "I haven't been to one of those in years."

Andi ran a hand through her hair and sat up in bed. "Is this really the only reason why you called me, Tony? To ask me about my nightly teenage ventures? Because I can guarantee you this is not the conversation to have at four in the morning."

"And I can guarantee you it is," Tony spoke with a serious tone. "Tell me what happened after you left the party last night, Andi. What happened to Peter?"

"I dunno," Andi sighed. "Our friend found out about his Spider-Man persona and kind of revealed that Peter knew Spider-Man, so the party was the place the two were going to go for compensation. He was in his suit before I left and was getting ready to go inside and show up like he planned, so I'm assuming that's what happened."

Tony chuckled. "Well, you're wrong."

"It was an assumption," Andi reminded him. "I never claimed to be right."

"Let me just tell you this," Tony started. "Peter almost died last night."

"What?" A wave of fear spread through the entirety of Andi's body. Part of her wanted to believe it was solely due to the fact that he'd almost gotten himself killed under her watch, but the other part of her knew it was due to her fear of losing Peter. He'd become such a huge part of her life in the few months she'd known him, and to lose him would just hurt.

"Yeah, he was trying to stop a few mercenaries selling weapons and found himself falling a thousand feet into a lake," Tony explained to her. "If I hadn't been able to locate him in time, he would've drowned, and that would've been on you."

"Tony, I—"

"You're supposed to be watching over him, Andi," Tony chastised her. "Watching over him means that you don't let him get himself into these types of situations. There are people who actually handle this sort of thing."