there's two of you?

☼  ☼  ☼

☼  ☼  ☼

Andi was watching patiently from her spot in the ceiling. Her and Peter finally managed to locate Aaron Davis, and Andi was waiting for Peter to make some sort of move. She decided it would be best for him to take care of the situation until she saw that he needed her help, though she hoped he would not need her help. One spider-person was enough, so she could only imagine the uproar if she were to make an appearance again and double the number.

Aaron was making his way to his car through the parking garage, and the moment Andi saw him she crept back behind a support beam. All she had left to do was wait on Peter, who took no time at all in making his presence known.

Peter shot a web towards Aaron and began a very fast pace trek to the man.

"Remember me? I need information, and you're gonna give it to me now." Peter turned on his advanced interrogation mode, something of which annoyed Andi, yet startled Aaron. Peter's lack of knowledge on the proper way to intimidate someone was almost adorable to Andi, but it was also very inconvenient as of the moment.

"Alright, chill," Aaron was waving Peter off with his hand.

"C'mon!"

Aaron tilted his head in curiosity. "What happened to your voice?"

Andi covered her mouth to stifle her impending laughter.

"What do you mean what happened to my voice?" Peter questioned, his tone defensive.

"I heard you by the bridge, I know what a girl sound like," Aaron remarked.

Andi laughed this time and hopped down to the ground. It appeared Peter needed her help after all.

"I'm not a girl!" Peter exclaimed. "I'm a boy, I mean, I'm a man!"

"I don't care what you are," Aaron replied, his eyes shifting to Andi's approaching figure. "The hell? There's two of you?"

Peter turned around to see Andi approaching the pair and he sighed, knowing she only made an appearance due to Aaron's comments. Her laugh could not be missed either.

"Dude, you really need to find something to help speed up the puberty process," Andi teased Peter with a laugh before turning to look at Aaron. "Also, yeah, there's two of us."

"You're that Recluse chick?" Aaron asked as he began nonchalantly placing his groceries in the trunk of his car. "The suit looks familiar."

Andi nodded her head and placed her elbow on Peter's shoulder. "Yep, that's me."

"Recluse," Peter hummed and looked over at Andi. "It suits you."

"Thank you," Andi smiled, though he could not see it.

Aaron cleared his throat and the teenagers turned to look at him, their minds back on the mission that needed to be done.

"Oh!" Andi perked up and pointed at Aaron. "We need to know where these weapons are coming from."

"Yeah," Peter added. "Think you could tell us who's selling them?"

Aaron didn't respond to the two of them. He only continued putting groceries in the trunk of his car. Andi rolled her eyes and crossed her arms over her chest. She'd been out of the field far too long. Nobody wanted to take her seriously anymore.

"I need to know," Peter told him. "Give me names or else."

Aaron looked at Peter and slammed his trunk shut. The action startled the boy, which sent him stumbling a few feet backward. Andi remained in her place.

"You ain't ever done this before, huh?"

"Deactivate interrogation mode," Peter said with a tone of defeat. "Look, man, these guys are selling weapons that are crazy dangerous. They can't just be out on the streets. If one of them can cut Delmar's Bodega in half—"

"You know Delmar's?" Aaron cut Peter off.

"Yeah, best sandwich in Queens."

"Sub Haven's pretty good," Aaron added.

"Eh, it's too much bread."

"I like bread."

Andi rolled her eyes and stepped forward. "Could you maybe help us out here instead of discussing your love for bread? We kind of need the information."

"We need the information," Peter confirmed.

Aaron didn't respond, further discouraging Peter. He started walking away, muttering to Karen about Interrogation Mode. He looked at Andi, who was holding her forehead between two fingers, and raised a brow.

"Is he always like this?" he asked her.

"From what I've seen so far, yes," she answered him with a sigh.

"Hey," Aaron called to Peter, who stopped and turned around the moment he heard his voice. "The other night you told that dude, 'If you shoot somebody, shoot me.' It's pretty ballsy. I don't want these weapons in this neighborhood, I got a nephew who live here."

Peter started walking back towards him and Andi. "Who are these guys? What can you tell us about the guy with the wings?"

"Other than he's a psychopath dressed like a demon, nothing," he answered. "I don't know who he is or where he is."

Both Peter and Andi sighed.

"I do know where he's gonna be," Aaron said after a few seconds of silence.

"Really?"

"Yeah," Aaron confirmed. "This crazy dude I used to work with...he's supposed to be doing a deal with him."

"Yes!" Peter exclaimed happily. "Yes, thank you."

Peter started walking away. Andi shook her head at him and shot a web towards him, latching onto his back. She pulled him back, much to his confusion.

"He didn't even give you a location, Spider-dork," Andi said to the boy. She was done with her best friend and done with the day.

"Oh, right." Peter leaned against the side of Aaron's car. "Where is it?"

"Can I give you some advice?"

"Hmm?"

"You gotta get better at this part of the job," Aaron told him. "Maybe take a few pointers from your friend here. I'm pretty sure she's been doing this a lot longer than you have."

"I don't understand," Peter crossed his arms over his chest. "I think I'm intimidating."

"Staten Island Ferry, tomorrow morning at 11."

"Oh, cool."

Peter grabbed Andi and started walking away.

"That's gonna dissolve in two hours," Peter called back to Aaron.

"No, no, no, no," Aaron responded. "Come fix this."

"Two hours, you deserve that."

"I got ice cream in here!"

"You deserve that!" Peter responded. "You're a criminal! Bye, Mr. Criminal!"

Andi only shook her head and pushed Peter towards the exit of the parking garage. There wasn't much time until the two needed to be on the ferry, so there was no time for chitchat. Soon the two were swinging through the crowded streets of the city, nothing on their minds but each other and finishing the mission.