- character overview -

name: Andromeda Lynn Andrews

alias(es):
Andi
Recluse

species: Human

citizenship: United States

age: 16

affiliation:
Stark Industries
Midtown School of Science and Technology

status: Alive

Andromeda (an-DROM-eh-dah) Lynn Andrews, better known as Andi, is a high school student and superhero with spider-like abilities.

Andi received her abilities after tinkering with one of Tony Stark's genetic experiments. When Tony was unable to reverse her abilities, Andi decided to use them to protect the people of New York City under the alias of Recluse. While home-schooled, it was very easy for Andi to juggle her schoolwork and her superhero responsibilities, but after being placed on assignment to keep watch over Peter Parker, things become a lot more complicated for the young girl.

While Peter is running around playing hero to Queens, Andi is stuck playing babysitter, which prevents her from doing what she had originally planned on doing after acquiring her abilities. She does, however, build a solid relationship with the web-slinger, which makes her job a lot easier to handle in the end.

powers and abilities

spider physiology: After tinkering with one of Tony Stark's genetic experiments, Andi acquired the proportionate powers of a spider.

organic webbing: Andi can generate and shoot extremely strong web-like fluid from her wrists. The silk is released through a spinneret near each wrist containing a central web spigot orifice used for web-slinging and drag lines.

wall-crawling: Andi can adhere to walls, ceilings, and other surfaces. She does not need adhesive gloves or other fabrics to do so. She is able to choose which portion of her body she wishes to make adhesive, which further assists her in combat.

superhuman strength: Andi has considerable superhuman strength. She is able to lift and hurl objects many times her size and weight.

superhuman speed: Andi is able to run faster than the average human being, though her speed is nowhere equivalent to that of Quicksilver's. She is able to dodge quickly, which allows her to evade enemy attacks before they strike.

superhuman durability: Andi is inhumanly resistant towards impact force, which means she can take quite the hit without resulting in any injury.

superhuman agility: Andi is superhumanly agile. She is capable of swinging around on thin spider-webbing and jumping great distances and heights without difficulty. Her bones, muscles, and joints have more elastic strength and durability, allowing her to perform gymnastic and contortionist maneuvers without damaging her bone structure.

superhuman equilibrium: Andi possesses the ability to achieve a state of perfect equilibrium in any position imaginable. She is able to adjust her position on instinct. Virtually, she can balance herself on any object, no matter how small or narrow.

enhanced senses: Andi's senses are greatly enhanced. She is able to sense things shortly before they occur. For example, if an object is being thrown at her, Andi will usually be aware of it, even if it is hurled from far away and she is facing the opposite direction.

enhanced vision: Andi's sense of sight is superhuman. She can see things that are not visible to the naked eye.

superhuman reflexes: Andi's brain intakes and responds to stimuli at an accelerated rate, alerting her to dangers around her as a sort of 'sixth sense'. This awareness functions on a subconscious level, thus alerting Andi of dangers she cannot readily notice at first, allowing her to effectively dodge and counter incoming attacks in combat, including projectiles aimed at her from a blindspot.

author's note: superpower credit to marvel cinematic universe wiki writer.