Suspicions (Chapters 21 & 22)

Enjoy! BTW do you think I should do Point of views? Comment!

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 21- Meeting the past

My heart continued to bang in my chest. Was I really seeing what I was seeing? Vicky, my ex best friend was outside mc Donald’s. So many emotions gong through my head that I didn’t even need to go to the toilet any more. Just looking at her shocked me. She had changed enormously, her mousy brown hair was replaced with blond locks, and she had swapped her usual tom boy look for a more ‘hooker-in-training’ look. I knew it was hair because the face is so recognisable. She was on her phone looking at something. She turned her head and I dived into the toilet terrified she would catch me. I stumbled into an empty cubicle UN buckled my belt and trousers and did my business.

What do you have to be scared of, Jess?

I thought to myself. It wasn’t as if I was doing anything wrong anyway, I was going shopping with a friend for crying out loud!

As I washed my hands in the sink I stared at myself in the mirror. This time last year I would not even have recognised my self but know, there had been so many changes in my life that I am no longer surprised at my enlarging tummy and other parts of my body. I exhaled deeply and walked out of the toilet with my head held high.

Obviously too high since I bumped into someone.

“Sorry” I said to the person not meeting their eyes.

“Don’t act like you don’t know me” the person said.

I looked down and my heart dropped. Vicky was staring at me angrily.

“Vicky! Sorry I didn’t see you there” I stammered trying to edge around her.

“Don’t you have anything to tell me?” she held a hand on her hip blocking my way.

“Sorry what?!”

What was she on about? She rolled her eyes and breathed deeply. She smelt like she had been smoking.

“An apology, Jess. Or do you think you’re too special for that? Huh?” she sounded frustrated and stared right at me.

“I don’t see why I should apologise I haven’t done anything ok?” I said matching her frustrated tone. She laughed sarcastically

“Please Jess. Lets just go back a bit since you’ve been a bit dim since you’ve stolen my boyfriend Lewis, not to mention embarrassing me in front everyone at your birthday!” she had some crazy angry look on her face. I don’t care, she has no right to talk me like that … and since when was Lewis her boyfriend?!