The Hot Date (Chapters 31 & 32)

Hey guys, I've been really busy! but ive worked hard on these chapters so i Hope you enjoy!  I wanted to inject some romance into Jess and Lewis' relationship ... before more drama unfolds, lol. 

Comment, vote please! xoxoxox

BTW the next 2 weeks i have work experience so i may not be able to upload as much, or not as long chapters. Or it may be the other way round and i get to upload loads so dont worry!

Sadly were soon coming to the end of this story, sequel? comment below thanks :)

----------------------------------------------------

Chapter 31 – Pat-a-cake

I pushed the key into the lock of the house and gently pushed the door open. I was now 7 months pregnant.

I had just finished another day at St Harrisons and it was Friday so I could properly relax. I stepped into the warm corridor smiling at the smell of baking as I came through the front door.

“I’m home” I shouted through the house while kicking off my flat shoes.

I walked into the kitchen to see Anita rolling dough.

“Hey Anita, how are you” I asked

She smiled at me. “I’m fine, how are you?” she asked.

“Feeling pregnant” I rubbed my belly.

“You’ll get used to that”

We both laughed.

“What are you making?”

“Shortbread biscuits, you want to help?” she held out a ball of pale dough in her hand.

“Yeah! Let me just wash my hands”

After a few minutes we kneaded the dough until our hands where sore and shaped the biscuits into different shapes. I made stars and 2 hearts since I felt really loved and happy in this family. I didn’t tell Anita I was going to give one of the heart biscuits to Lewis. We put the biscuits in the preheated oven and put the ingredients back into the stylish cupboards.

“Let’s tidy up a bit Jess, you can rest if you want to, I understand if you’re feeling a bit tired” she told me.

“No I’m cool, I just wipe surfaces though”

“Ok!”

I wiped all the surfaces with Dettol and washed my hands. Then I went to my bedroom and plopped on my bed breathing out deeply. My belly stuck up high in the air. At 8 months my child is almost fully sized. When we went for our second scan the doctor told us that my baby already has teeth, skin, and eyes. She can blink and knows the difference between sleeping and waking. She’s already using her five senses and is beginning to get ready to be born.

I’m so excited and scared! At St Harrisons I was told all these horror stories about giving birth from all the other girls. One of them had a labour that lasted 3 days!

Linda who just had her child said It was the pain was like the pain of a painful period times 9, for the nine months. I can’t even handle a simple period I need to take tablets every 20 seconds!

I decided to check my phone. As soon as I hit the menu my belly felt strangely weird. I took a deep breath and tried to click BBM. My belly felt really strange again but ten times worse. I frowned and looked at my belly. It was huge. I rolled to the side of the bed and peeled my t shirt over my swollen belly. Thin blue and green veins stretched across the sides of my belly. I rubbed my stomach trying to get rid of the unease I was experiencing.