| chapter six |

' they were hers and hers alone '

"I WOULD LIKE TO MEET HER." The voice of Aro Volturi brought Brooke out of her thoughts as she looked towards her best friend. Once he motioned for his wife and daughter to come forward, Emmett and Brooke followed, giving them their protection. The former left his distressed mate behind, teeth chewing on her bottom anxiously. Brooke glared at the first king of the Volturi. She hated Aro. She never liked him nor will she ever, even if her mates are on his side - which she finds stupid but it's up to them. All Brooke could do was make sure she never liked him and that he never attacked her family or her mates.

"Ah, younger Bella. Immortals becomes you." The black-haired king let out a high pitched laugh. The blonde cringed at the sound, her ears ringing as she thought of him as a creepy rapist that was high as fuck. "I hear her strange heart." Renesmee walked forward, Brooke taking a small step forward as she did so. Aro crouched down to her height. The blonde snorted silently as she realised that for someone who thought of himself as high and mighty, he was fucking short.

"Hello, Aro." Instead of accepting his extended hand, the child hybrid placed hers on his cheek, using her gift to show him images of her past.

"Magnifico," he whispers halfway through. After a few seconds, she removed her hand from his face and took a step back where Bella wrapped her arms around her. He stood straight and looked back to the other Volturi members as well as their witnesses. "Half mortal, half immortal. Conceived and carried by this newborn, while she was still human," he explained, looking at Bella in awe and shock.

"Impossible," Caius said which caused Aro to narrow his eyes at him, almost like a glare.

"Do you think they have fooled me, brother?" When Aro and his brother began to glare at each other, Ophelia turned around and walked back to her side, smirking as Jacob growled lowly at the Volturi as if telling them to suck a dick and fuck off.

"Bring the informer forward." Two guards brought Irina forward. "Is that the child you saw?" Caius asked, looking at her as she looks down.

"I'm not sure." Came her reply.

"Jane." Caius threatened. Brooke raised a brow as the blonde asshole called her mate forward to threaten the third Denali sister. She wondered what powers Jane held to make everyone fear her.

"She's changed. This child is bigger." Irina stated as fear laced in her voice.

"Then your allegations were false," yelled an angry Caius.

"The Cullen's are innocent. I take full responsibility for my mistake. I'm sorry." They set a torch on fire before ripping her arms off.

"Irina." The two blonde Denali's yelled as they ran forward once her head was ripped off and her body on fire. Brooke quickly grabbed Kate and gritted her teeth in pain as the blonde used her powers. As Kate continued to use her power to electrocute her so she would let go, Brooke heard two low growls coming from the other side as the pain intensified.

"Blind them." The Amazon girl used her powers to remove their sight which caused Kate to stop her assault on the blonde. Brooke sighed in relief as she felt her powers heal the injured parts of her body.

"Give me my sight back," Tanya said, looking everywhere. Edward crouched down in front of her as she was held back.

"Tanya, this is what they want. If you attack now, we'll all die." Tanya nodded and the amazon girl gave their sight back. Once Brooke was sure Kate wouldn't go and attack the Volturi, the blonde let her go and walked back to Renesmee, standing by her side with her head high. Brooke locked eyes with her second mate, Alec, both of them refusing to break the stare away as if to show dominance. A smirk spread across Brooke's face when Alec lowered his head, breaking eye contact. Because of their staring competition, Brooke didn't see the look Aro sent her other mate.

"Pain." Hearing a thud, Brooke looked to the side to see her best friend fallen to the ground in pain. A growl escaped Brooke's lips as she saw Edward withering in pain. The blonde felt Bella use her shield to block Jane's powers but it only blocked half of it. The blonde groaned as she realised what happened. Her shield wasn't strong enough.