| chapter seven |

' she loved them with her
whole fucking body '

SEEING THE PLEADING LOOK ON HER BEST FRIEND'S wife's face, Brooke nodded as she tapped into her powers

SEEING THE PLEADING LOOK ON HER BEST FRIEND'S wife's face, Brooke nodded as she tapped into her powers. Brooke glanced down at Renesmee who stood by her mum, her arms wrapped around her legs.

"Hey, Ness," Ophelia called. The said hybrid looked up at the vampire confused. "Want to see something pretty?" Her eyes lit up as she nodded excitedly. A soft chuckle bubbled out of the blonde's throat; the child was too innocent for her own good, she thought.

Placing her hands in front of her, Brooke opened her palms as her eyes fluttered closed. She could sense everyone's stares on her, especially the stares of her mates that sent chills up her spine. The blonde concentrated on her powers and got them to leave her palms, creating a galaxy coloured mist that was translucent. That mist soon spread over all of the group, creating a barrier, shielding them from Jane's power.

A smirk dangled on Brooke's lips as she saw her blonde mate glare at her. Jane tried to use her powers on anyone but failed, and Brooke raised her head higher, her eyes twinkling with mischief.

"Aro, you see there are no laws broken here," Carlisle stated, under the protection of Brooke's shield.

"Agreed. But does it then follow that there is no danger." Aro said before turning back to his members and people. "For the first time in our history, humans pose a threat to our kind. Their modern techno has given birth to weapons that could destroy us. Maintaining our secret has never been more imperative. In such perilous times, only the known is safe. Only the known is tolerable, and we know nothing of what this child will become. Can we live with such uncertainty? Spare ourselves a fight today, only to die tomorrow," whispers erupted amongst the Volturi as fear appeared on the faces of their witnesses. Soon, footsteps were heard, two pairs of footsteps that were familiar to the Cullen's and some of their witnesses.

"Alice." Seeing her best friend/sister, Bella grinned with happiness and relief.

"My dear, dear Alice. We are so glad to see you here, after all." Aro said, a smile of his own on his face.

"I have evidence the child won't be a risk to our kind. Let me show you." Alice stated as she raised her hand out to Aro.

"Brother?" The guards let go of Alice but slapped Jasper making Brooke snort a bit. Edward looked over at his best friend with a pointed look, silently telling her to shut up and do something. The blonde rolled her eyes and used her powers to travel down to her feet and underground.

A line of purple wisps broke out of the snow and wrapped around the guard's feet, tugging them down harshly and holding them against the floor as they groaned in pain. The Volturi looked over at the scene in shock while the twins stared at their mate, who looked away innocently, softly whistling a random tune.

A small smile cracked on the twin's faces before it quickly disappeared, causing a frown to grow on Brooke's face as she realised they didn't show emotion in front of anyone except themselves. After getting over the shock, Aro grabbed Alice's hand, his mind being sucked into a vision of the future.

In the meantime, Brooke looked at her mates with longing. Even though she knew they were terrible and they did horrible things, things that she killed people for, they were hers. They were made for her, and the blonde would love them unconditionally even if they are one of her and her families enemies.

Brooke's love for them was stronger, and she knew that the twins would either stay with her or she would go with them. The blonde guessed the latter would happen as there would be no way the twins would remain near the Cullen's nor would the Cullen's want to be with them.

"Now you know," Alice said as she pulled her hand back, snapping the blonde out of her endless train of thoughts. "That's your future. Unless you decide on another course."

"We cannot alter our course. The child still poses a grave threat." Caius said. Brooke rolled her eyes.

Uh. What a dumbass.