| chapter eleven |

' nothing could stop her from loving them '

IT HAD BEEN A FEW MONTHS SINCE BROOKE arrived in the Volturi castle with her mates, which surprised most of the guards

IT HAD BEEN A FEW MONTHS SINCE BROOKE arrived in the Volturi castle with her mates, which surprised most of the guards. They never thought the twins would ever get a mate, at least not someone as kind as Brooke. In their eyes, Alec and Jane were evil and scary but it wasn't until they saw the two interact with their mate did they begin to have second thoughts and opinions on the twins.

With a glint of mischief in her eyes, Brooke had brightened up the castles in just a few days, her smiles and laughter echoing around the halls and filling the guards with a spark of happiness as they couldn't help but feel lighter inside as they watched the blonde fool around with everyone. Brooke brought fun into the castle. It was as if she ripped open the curtains and allowed sunlight to pour in. The coven that used to be all dull and menacing, became a big and happy family because of just one person.

"Felix, I'm bored!" Brooke whined as she wailed her arms everywhere, her toned and curvy body laying down on the red leather couch in the living room that belonged to the top four Volturi guards. Since they were the strongest and were the closest to the kings, the four guards - consisting of the Alec, Jane, Demetri, Felix and now Brooke - lived in their own area in the large castle.

"Uh-huh." Felix nodded, his attention on the journal he was reading in his hands, his back leaning against the brown chair that stood next to the couch, his legs crossed as he rested his elbows on the side of the chair. "What do you want to do?"

"Well," Brooke began listing off the things she wanted to do, using her fingers to count as she blurted out the adventurous things that popped into her mind. Glancing to her left, the blonde spotted the tall vampire reading his book, ignoring every word Brooke was saying as he concentrated on the journal in his hands. "Felix! Are you even listening?" The said vampire nodded, not even listening to the words of the vampire girl. Brooke mumbled under her breath about how annoying he was before the room returned to silence.

"Felix?" Looking up, the big vampire glanced at his mate with a raised eyebrows, the sound of his voice sending a feeling of peace through his body.

"Yeah?"

"Where is Ophelia?" Demetri asked with one of his hands on the hip that was jutted out. Felix quickly looked opposite him to see that the seat that Brooke occupied was empty. Cursing under his breath, Felix quickly stood up before speeding out of the room to find the vampire girl, who was mated to the two scariest vampires in the world. If Alec and Jane were to figure out that he lost their mate, he knew that the latter would fucking kill him. She would humiliate him in front of everyone and Felix knew he wouldn't hear the last of it from his mate and at the moment, Felix did not want Demitri to tease him every day for the next decade.

"Sneaky, little brat." He mumbled as he continued searching for her, Demetrius causally walking behind him, not giving a fuck since it wasn't his turn to watch after Brooke. "Aren't you going to help?" Felix asked, glaring at him mate.

"Nope. Not my turn to look after her." A cocky smirk danced on Demetri's lips before he disappeared, using his speed to go into another room in the castle. The dirty blonde male loved it when his mate got in trouble, it would give him another reason to tease him.

"Asshole," Felix grumbled as he continued to search through every room in the castle to find the troublesome girl. "Where the fuck is she?!" He yelled, not finding her. After looking for an hour, Felix returned to the living room only to see his mate and Brooke sitting idly. "Where the fuck were you?!" Felix screeched, wide eyes. The blonde flashed him an innocent smile.

"I've been here with Demetri." An innocent tone laced her words while her eyes flowed with mischief and amusement.

"I've been looking for you for the past hour!" Brooke rose a brow, chuckles coming out of her mouth.

"Why? I was just in the bathroom."

"W-what?" A dumbfounded look was painted across his face.

"I told you I was going to the bathroom." Felix's gaze snapped to his mate, who sat on the sofa chuckling silently.

"You're a dick," Felix growled, lunging for Demetri, who sped off along with his mate. Brooke rolled her eyes, shaking her head.

"Boys."