35. Nick.

A/N Attention! Mature language ahead (more than usual anyway) :))) Enjoy Nick's P.O.V., I tried hard writing it to show his character, what's happening inside his head. He's a good guy, I think :))))

Scratch. Jump. Bite. Claw. Run. Bite. Hit. Jump. That's the course of actions that is on repeat with me right now, but the only thing on my mind is still Emily. How the fuck did those dickheads manage to drag me out of the house? And they are not letting me in again, while my precious Emily is trapped inside doing god knows what. I hope she got to the safe room with my mother just in time, because if not... Goddess, I refuse to think about any other outcome. My Emily, my precious gift. My mate. My love. 

I don't know how many rogues I have killed during these minutes outside, but I promised myself, that I'd get every single one of them. How dare they. In all honesty, the situation was outrageous. Even excluding the fact, that the reason for all this mess was Emily, for rogues to gather in such a large group and attack a pack is punishable by death. But the fact, that Emily is the true target of a one crazy Alpha rogue makes my blood boil. And I still can't figure out his motives. Logically, if he uses one healer to his advantage, why does he need another one? It is obvious, that after everything my Emily went through, she would not help that bastard out of her free will, that leaves another answer - they want to harm her, and I can't allow that. 

I was making my way towards the house again, trying to get to Emily and make sure she's ok, but two more rogues jumped right at me. I clenched my jaw around one of the rogues front paw and twisted my head simultaneously jumping up and kicking another one with both of my hind legs. As soon as both of them were down, I turned to the house again, and that's when I heard it - two shots. Two gunfire shots. That means Emily had to use the gun, which means she's still in danger. FUCK!

I darted towards the house, but another rogue slammed into my side bringing me to the ground instantly. I have lost my concentration and that made me vulnerable in the eyes of an enemy. With a feral growl I stood up and jumped into fight. I was fighting with everything that I had, my time was running out, but they kept coming and coming, like freaking cockroaches from under an old fridge. My patience was running out. I needed do get to my mate.

I fought and fought, soon my father joined me, and then my mother. If they were here, that meant that Emily was either in the safe room or gone. But my mother should have been in the safe room as well, together with Emily, and if she's here, then where is Emily? The thoughts of different outcomes were swirling in my mind and driving me crazy, but there was no chance for me to get to the house and see for myself. It looked like the rogues were guarding the house with all they had, cutting our chances of getting in to near zero. 

I must admit, seeing my family fight one next to another was a sight. Both me and my father were huge and black, thanks to the alpha blood. My mother's wolf black and white and slightly smaller, her every movement was gracious yet lethal. Our bodies were covered in blood of our enemies, except for a small gash on my mother's head, we were all pretty much intact. Apart from a small wound on my hind leg which didn't bother me at all. It would heal fast and I had to concentrate on Emily. Not only she was weak comparing to us, but she was slightly disabled and with a baby on the way. This whole ordeal was bad for her. And I as her mate am totally failing in protecting her. 

I don't know for how long we've been fighting, not more then some 15 minutes maybe, but it felt like years. Suddenly my mother shifted into her human form and turned to me screaming:

"Go through the house and find her! She didn't make it to the safe room! Go!" 

And with that she shifted into her wolf again and lounged at a couple of rogues. My blood ran cold in my veins. She didn't make it to the safe room...