36. Nick. Part 2.

"And finally they arrive! Welcome to the party! Where is my son?"

I was right. This son of an ass was The Mayor. I didn't even know his name, but I didn't need it, he was the epitome of the evil, Lucifer, the shame of our race. 

"Your son got what he deserved." I roared at him then threw a look at Nathan, he lifted his chin, a gesture of approval. The Mayor growled at me, the vain on his forehead bulging, canines protruding.

"You son of a bitch! What have you done to my son!" He started towards me, but a guy who I suppose was his beta placed a hand on his shoulder to stop him. I curled my upper lip in disgust and spat at him:

"I ripped his throat out and left him to rot in the forest."

"I will kill you!" He roared again, and this time his beta didn't stop him, but Nathan's powerful voice did. 

"You are in my pack's land, you will respect my territory!" The Mayor's steps faltered a bit.

"You don't deserve an ounce of my respect, you pup!" his mad gaze was turned to Nathan now. Nathan just laughed at his outrage.

"I challenge you!" the words slipped out of my mouth before I could stop them, but I didn't regret it. He deserved to die and I will kill him. It will be hard, since I'm not an Alpha, but I had to try, for Emily. For the baby. For everything that pathetic excuse of a wolf had done against the world. I could die myself, but I would die for a reason. But I will also do everything I can to stay alive, for my mate. Time to put everything I had learned during my training to use. 

"With pleasure!" Laughed the Mayor and stepped into the middle of the yard. I turned to my father, he then passed the baby to my mother and took Emily's limp body out of my hands. I kissed her forehead, then turned to her daughter and kissed her forehead as well. 

"I love you both." I whispered into her soft newborn skin and turned to the Mayor. 

"We fight to death." I stated.

"I'm counting on it." He answered with a crazy smile and leaped in the air a second later turning in a huge chocolate brown wolf. I didn't waste any time and shifted as well and we started circling each other. He was snapping his jaws in a threatening manner, but he didn't scare me. Yes, he was an Alpha, but he was old, he lived amongst humans, thus never having the right practice on the battlefield, and he was arrogant. I believed that the last would be his downfall. 

We circled each other for a while and then he suddenly jumped, but I was quick to turn away. That's right, son of a bitch, tire yourself out. And that's exactly what he did, he continued jumping on me, and I continued turning away, taunting him, teasing. His patience was running low, I could see it in his crazed eyes, that he would loose it soon. I was fine with that, I saw, that he was not the Alpha he pretended to be, he was weak. Yes, the Alpha blood ran though his body, but it wasn't enough, you had to train hard to be always ready for battle, and that's exactly what I've been doing for almost all my life. I'm a warrior after all. And this dumb fuck lived his life amongst humans... Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against them, but this Alpha got so caught up in his ambitions, that he relaxed too much. Yes, he was stronger than any human in his town, but now hi was on wolf territory, and he didn't stand a chance. 

Enough! It is time to show him who's the stronger wolf. I snapped my jaws at him in a 'polite' warning that I've had enough, but he paid no attention to it. So the next jump he took, I met him straight on, I jumped as well. Our bodies clashed and I avoided his bite that was aimed to my neck, instead sinking my teeth in his shoulder. A loud whimper escaped his muzzle, but it didn't stop me. My jaws were shut tightly, refusing to let go. He tried clawing my chest, but only left a couple of not very deep scratches. I turned my head swiftly, successfully breaking a bone and he roared in pain. Fuelled by pure adrenaline he jumped at me again, but I dropped to the ground and turned on my back and clawed his stomach. His red blood covered my fur, but I was relentless. He fell to the ground next to me and I stood up. I approached him slowly, and when I was right above him I shifted to my human form.

I crouched down over him, pressing my knees into the wounds on his stomach and took his head in a firm grip.

"Your Alpha is defeated!" I roared loudly and twisted his neck. His body fell limp to the ground and the rogue Alpha was gone. I stood up proudly and turned to Nathan. Nobody uttered a single word, complete silence surrounded us. Nathan looked at me proudly and then turned to the pack of rogues.

"You have two choices - you either surrender or run. But if you run, be prepared to die."

I looked at the rogues and they looked... hell, what I saw surprised me. They didn't look scared, nor the didn't look ready to surrender, no. They looked crazy. The beta spoke.

"You think you are better than us?!" He screamed at no one in particular. But then he suddenly turned to the pair of humans, who I supposed were Emily's parents. "And you! You said your potions were supposed to make him unbeatable?!"

"No, no, I never said that! It was supposed to help him heal faster..." the woman started walking backwards, the man hot on her heals.

"Liar!" The beta roared and with a lightning fast movement his claws extended and he slashed her throat. I cringed at that but felt no remorse for the woman. She didn't deserve the title of a mother. 

"Please, spear me!" the man started crying and fell to his knees.

"Worthless humans." spitted the beta and twisted the mans neck. In less then a minute both of Emily's parents were dead. The beta turned to us. 

"We fight!" he roared and the rogues attacked. I turned to my parents and they understood my silent plea and darted to the house with my two precious cargo's. 

The fight didn't last long, without an Alpha the rogues were even less organised than before and they were severely outnumbered. Soon the backyard was covered in bodies of dead wolf's. I took a quick look around, non of my pack's wolf's were dead, only injured, some more, some less. The war was officially over. It was a boring fight, I realised with a hint of disappointment. But then it suddenly struck me - Emily! 

"Nathan, call the doctor!" I frantically screamed at him snapping back to my reality. 

"Take the truck, go to the hospital, they will meet you there"

And with that I ran to the house. My parents and my cargo's were leaving the safe room when I got inside.

"We are taking the truck, Nathan is calling the doctor, let's move!" I screamed panicked at my father, taking Emily's still unconscious body out of his hands. I needed to hold her. I needed to know she was still alive. 

"I guess I'm driving..." muttered dad and the three of us rand to the truck.

Goddess, please, I need her alive... 

A/N Guys, I can't believe it, we are almost done... There is only one chapter left! I'm a bit sad that Nick's and Emily's story is coming to an end, but well, every story has to be finished at some point, right?...

Anyway, leave me a vote and a comment, I want to know what you think! 

Cheers!