Chapter 2

Lily Clairmount:

My eyes fluttered open to the pain in my lower area and the weakness throughout my body. This wasn't unusual though since I'd been battling Ovarian Cancer for many years now.

What was unusual was the sound of a woman sobbing, a man muttering and a baby crying next to me.

When my eyes opened the sobbing woman screamed and began to blubber, "Miss, you're alright! You're alright! Clyde, you saved Miss Lily! Do you see that little baby, you're mommy is perfectly fine, now hush you're crying."

It seemed like she was trying to calm herself rather than the others. Before I could register where I was or what was going on, the lady settled the crying child onto my chest.

My heart burst with warmth and sadness. Is this heaven or hell? I'd always wanted a baby and now I did but it was a sort of bittersweet feeling.

I tentatively wrapped my weak arms around the crying baby and began to sooth her. Which led to me realizing, I was no longer me. There was a more pressing matter of trying to soothe the baby than worrying about that though.

I'd always had severe mother instincts, even with strangers children.

"Hush, little baby, don't say a word,

Mama's going to buy you a mockingbird.

And if that mockingbird don't sing,

Mama's going to buy you a diamond ring.

And if that diamond ring turns brass,

Mama's going to buy you a looking glass.

And if that looking glass gets broke,

Mama's going to buy you a billy goat.

And if that billy goat won't pull,

Mama's going to buy you a cart and bull.

And if that cart and bull turn over,

Mama's going to buy you a dog named Rover.

And if that dog named Rover won't bark,

Mama's going to buy you a horse and cart.

And if that horse and cart fall down,

You'll still be the sweetest little baby in town."

As my voice drifted off, I realized the baby had stopped crying and fell into a peaceful slumber. Not only the baby but the woman and the man had also both gone quiet.

At the moment my singing stopped, I got a severe migraine as images flooded my mind. Memories of this body's original owner's life were quickly processed by me.

Thank you, Lily, for giving me this second chance. I shall raise our daughter in a loving environment, never going without anything. I promised the original owner of this body.

Lily had sadly died during childbirth but not for the reasons a lot of women did in my world. This world was a Magical world and really different than mine. This land was called Meridia and when women became pregnant they needed to place a Null magic onto their bodies.

When the Null Magic takes effect the woman becomes helpless and that's why no woman would dare to have a child without a man beside them. Unfortunately, Lily had been used and thrown aside by the man she'd loved, much like I had been.

Her brother Damon had taken her in to ensure her safety but she'd gone into labor when he was away on business. One of the downsides to the Null Magic is that during childbirth it needs to immediately be wiped off in order for the mother to recover. Giving birth uses the last bit of magic in the mother's body to ensure the birth is a success.

No one in the residence was strong enough to release the seal on Lily's body and her Maid Celia had frantically sought someone to go out and find anyone who could. This older gentleman was actually the housekeeper Styles. He'd barely reached the 4th Star Level and hadn't known if he could break the seal in time.

What they didn't know was that it had been too late for Lily but I suddenly was placed inside of her body.

"Miss Lily, this old man was truly scared for my life," Styles spoke up next to the bed. He was pale and covered in sweat. Probably worried that his life nearly ended because he couldn't save me. Damon would've undoubtedly executed him for not saving her.

"Styles, Celia, I'm perfectly fine. Please allow me to rest for a while to recuperate."

"Yes Miss Lily. I'll just take the baby and settle her down in the crib," Celia reached out to grab the baby.

"No!" My shout startled the both of them and I had to calm down the hammering of my pulse. "It's fine Celia. I'll allow her to sleep with me for now. She'd probably wake up crying again if she left me right now."

She hesitated but agreed before backing out of the room with Styles. Once alone I looked down at the sleeping baby.

Her hair was a soft blondish-pink fluff, with long black eyelashes fluttering across her skin and the cutest red cupid bows mouth. She rested peacefully against my chest and I begun to drift off to sleep with a smile on my face. 

A/N: The Housekeepers full name is Clyde Styles and that's why Celia calls him Clyde in the earlier part of this chapter where as Lily calls him Styles. Just to clear the confusion.