Chapter 4

A/N: This song is the reason I decided to write this Chapter. I'm actually nursing this throbbing Migraine from what I like to call 'Imagination Overload'. This is usually healed by reading other people's books. hahah. If that makes any damn sense. By the way, this is the first book I've written that isn't so descriptive but instead on the 'short end'. So if it seems too detailed or not detailed enough I apologize. I've not mastered the middle ground to these types of stories. 

Lily Clairmount:

After I'd gotten Helena back to sleep Damon had quietly tapped on the door before opening it. A different maid was behind him pushing a cart with food. He stepped next to the bed and held out his arms. 

"I'll place her in the crib so you can get something to eat."

It was a struggle on whether to release her or not but the grumbling of my stomach settled it. Damon gently cradled her in his arms as he walked to the crib in the corner. 

I'd begun pulling the blanket off of me but suddenly Damon was back next to me. From the moving shadows by his feet, he'd used magic to get back here before I could move. 

I gave a sigh before looking at him. "Damon, I'm perfectly fine on getting myself out of bed. 

Underneath the blanket I'd been wearing a silver blue skirt that flowed to my ankles in the front but trailed on the floor in the back. This specific material didn't get dirty and actually channeled the Nature Magic more freely into my body as it slid across the ground. 

"I've already talked to Styles and he informed me that you had a close call. This is merely a precaution in case you're still unsteady."

There was really no use arguing with him. From the set of his jaw I knew it would be pointless. My hand slid into his outstretched left one and his right wrapped around my back to escort me to the table that was set up on the opened balcony. 

From the memories I knew that this world was a strange mix between modern and ancient civilizations. I say civilizations because it was a huge mixing pot of different cultures; not a specific one. 

We sat down at the silver table with white etchings. Honestly, it was way too fancy in my opinion but I'm not going to complain. There was an assortment of things on the table. I'd have laughed but I was just too hungry. 

Who'd mix sushi, plain donuts, steak, vegetables, and fruit together? I honestly felt this was a type of meal you'd see at the Mad Hatter's place. There wouldn't be any complaints from me though. 

"How are you feeling," Damon asked with concern as we begun to eat. His plate was filled with an assortment of sushi where as mine had a steak that I was currently cutting. I'd leave the donuts for later.

"Better. If it hadn't been for Celia and Styles.. I don't think I'd be alive honestly. What were you doing? I was really scared."

Tears had begun to form in my eyes. These weren't my old life's emotions but Lily Clairmount's. As Lily, I'd truly been scared during childbirth and had thought Damon would've been there during it. It had been bad enough that 'that man' tossed me aside and hadn't concerned himself with our daughter. . But, Damon was a different story. 

He paused in the middle of bringing a piece of sashimi to his mouth before putting it back on his plate. Guilt covered his face as he reached out to grab my hand. 

"I'm sorry, Lil. This shouldn't have happened. Something came up with one of the shops and I had to go and handle it. I honestly don't know what I'd have done if I lost you." His hand gripped painfully and I let a tiny squeak out. The grip loosened a bit and he rubbed his thumb over my now red hand. 

Looking up he was staring at my hand but shook himself out of it. His mouth stopped frowning and showcased a joyous smile at me. "I'm glad Helena and you are here. No matter what, I'll never feel troubled having you both here. Okay?"

I gave him a nod as I brought my hand to my chest and rubbed it a bit absentmindedly. We continued our meal in relative silence. 

(A/N: I'm actually wondering.. Should I have added in details of the view from the balcony? Maybe pictures instead? I'm actually intrigued with the thought of lessening my workload of describing these scenic looks. Does this make me a hateful Author?)

There's another world close to their's

There's another world close to their's. A moon can be seen but mostly the light at night is given to them by this other planet. Mostly, Meridia never completely becomes dark except for some places depending on the placement obviously. 

This is their view

This is their view. Honestly, Meridia is a very strange world. It's a mix of a lot of things. Some of the places here will be extremely rustic where as others are more advanced. . I feel this is rather rude on my part since I'm not building an all around image for the setting. So I'm really sorry. It's just that some Humans have advanced further in knowledge in different areas. Plus, depending on the place, Magic will take over and when that happens it means an influx in the natural elements in the air. Creating water channels, growing plants, fire sources such as hot springs et c, and sometimes floating islands due to the air elements. Like I said, each place is slightly different based on which element has taken over. Where Lily is now, it's mostly water and plants that have saturated the air. Damon moved to this place for Lily actually.