Please Read

So this will be a slightly unusual Author's Note. Mostly because I have found that because I've not been to in depth about some things in this story, it has left some readers confused or concerned about certain aspects. 

Lily: Lily is a woman who has transmigrated into the body of a woman who gave birth to the original Heroine of the Otome game she'd played in her previous life. 

Now I'm going to delve a bit deeper here about Lily: If you've never had severe health problems that were debilitating or have seen someone else who was once very active slowly deteriorate into a shell of a person then it will be hard to understand Lily as a person. I'll try to help those of you who don't know how that would feel in explaining a bit by giving examples; I'm assuming since you're avid readers you've got a vivid imagination and can imagine the things I'm going to describe. 

Imagine you've always been the life of every party. You don't have 'friends' every where you go but everyone loves and enjoys being around you. You're the one who brings happiness to them. Most of your hobbies center around active activities such as dancing, hiking and camping, running marathons for charities. Your life is in your control and you've finally fallen in love with someone who's just as adventurous as you. 

Suddenly everything turns upside down though when you learn you're sick with something that is potentially deadly. The things you loved are literally ripped away from you slowly because of this disease. You can no longer enjoy the outside wind whipping through your hair without potentially getting sick because your immune system is down due to chemo. You can no longer enjoy the feeling of happiness that takes over by just allowing your body to express your emotions for others. You're no longer in control of your life, body, nor your mind. The one person who was supposed to love you until death, leaves you but your one thought was that it was because you couldn't give them a child and all because you are sick. 

Suddenly you are given peace because death has decided to wrap you within its arms, only to open your eyes to a baby. A baby you had prayed, wished, and begged for throughout the entire time you suffered through chemo. For all intents and purposes, this baby is your miracle. 

Why am I going through describing all this?

It has been brought to my attention that it seems wrong for Lily to allow Helena to get away with a lot of things and not be disciplined. Well, look at it this way. Lily is a first time mother, in her previous life she had an abusive childhood, Helena is 'something' that she feels will give her unconditional love, she doesn't know how to actually be a parent. Even the original Lily didn't have a parent for this Lily to observe and better understand parenting dynamics. What Lily knows is what she sees: Helena Smiles, Helena Pouts, Helena Angry. A parent always wants to see their child smile and so that is what Lily tries to do. 

I'm not condoning this type of behavior in any way and I know Lily should address this but unfortunately Lily never will. I have it planned for Damon to try and correct this with both Lily and Helena's behavior but not right now. 

I apologize for the annoyance. 

Another thing I'd like to address is that the Heroine is so 'OOC' compared to the Otome Game because of how very different she was raised in this life as opposed to the game. 

If you guys have any questions you wish for me to address please feel free to comment or send me a personal message. I hope this helped clear up some misunderstandings for a while. 

Love, 

Your Quirky Author