Chapter Twenty Seven

Clara

"Luca!" I yelled.

"Yes mi amor (My love)," he replied, coming into the bedroom. I stared at him and he smiled. "You know I can't remember the last time we went out for a date."

"Well that's the least of our problems." I stood up and walked over to him. "Where's Sebastian?" I asked him.

"He's eating."

"Why are we in hiding?" I asked.

"Who said anything about hiding. This is more of a vacation,"

"In the middle of nowhere. Really Luca?"

"Yes, it's relaxing isn't it?" He smirked. Luca leaned in for a kiss.

"Something like that." I replied, my lips parting from his. "I need to find an apartment and get a job."

"Don't worry about that," he said, putting my hand on his shoulder. While he held my other hand.

"You always tell me not to worry about it. But I have too," Luca started dancing, he was leading.

"Remember the first time we danced together?"

"Yes I do, no music." He chuckled and kissed me on the cheek. "Clara what about we get married?"

"Well I'll have to think about it," I said.

"I understand. But just know I'll be waiting for your reply." He said and left my hand. He removed a ring from his jean-pocket. Luca took my hand and kept the ring on my palm. "Whenever you're ready,"He said and kissed me.
The past weeks have felt safe yet in-assured. It's been amazing feeling like a family, Sebastian getting to spend time with his father and getting to know him. Sebastian and I have formed a bond, though not a day that passes by that he doesn't ask about his mother. The worst part is I don't even know where she is or she was buried...

My due date is not far off and things just feel uncertain. I don't know what's going to happen, it feels like I am not in control of my life. Looking at Luca and knowing that he won't be there to raise his children. It breaks me. "Clara, what are you thinking about?"

"Nothing..." I looked at the floor, knowing my eyes would be a gateway. Sebastian's laughter caught our attention. What was he laughing at? We followed the sound of his laughter and it lead us to the porch. We saw him, sitting on a strangers lap. My heart started racing, Lucas's hands were clenched already.

"Sebastian come here," Luca said.

"Dad, Mr Kyle is so funny and look he gave me a sweet," he said while walking over to Luca. Luca didn't even look at him, his eyes were fixed on the stranger. But he looks familiar, like I have seen him somewhere.

"Let's go inside and play a game," I told Sebastian.

"Okay." I held his hand and we walked back inside the house. "Clara is my dad angry at me?" He asked in a low tone. I sat on the sofa and told him to sit next to me.

"No his not angry, he is just worried. It's not good to talk to strangers, you should always ask your dad or me first. You know, not everyone is a good person, some people are bad," I explained.

"I don't want this sweet anymore. I am sorry." he apologized.

"No don't apologize, we all make mistakes. Don't take candy from strangers again, you can keep the sweet this time," I said and hugged him.

Luca

"What are you doing here Kyle?" I asked him. "How the hell did you even find me?"

"You have a beautiful wife and a nice kid, I wonder what would happen if something were to happen to them," he spoke.

"You come over to my home and threaten me, you have got some balls. I will personally murder you if you do anything to them," I said to him, looking right into his eyes.

"Calm down, I am only here to deliver a message. He can't wait to meet you in person, the boss got plans for you."

"Kyle what the fuck is it?"

"The boss wants to see you soon," he said.

"I thought I made it clear — after my children are born."

"You should really appreciate that we kept you alive. Your father is dead along with your aunt and the rest are in hiding, some even changed their last names. But you Lucas Salvador are the bravest I have seen among your family, you are a true Salvador."

"Are you done? Leave and if you come back I will kill you," I told him.

"Does she know? That the Salvador reign is dead."

"Its non of your fucking business Kyle! Now leave."

"Say bye to Sebastian for me." He walked away and got into his car. How will I explain to Clara? I got back in the house and Sebastian was watching cartoon on the television with Clara.

"Clara can I talk to you for a minute," I told her. We went the bedroom and spoke there.

"What's wrong Luca? Who was that guy?" She asked concerned. I took a deep breath in — thinking of a way to begin.

"Promise me our kids will never know my true identity," I told her.

"What do you mean?"

"Clara I don't want my children to ever hold a weapon of any kind or have anything to do with crime. You raise them to be good and brave children. That's all I ask. You can never tell them who their father is, no pictures, nothing."

"I don't understand Luca, but they need to know you, you are their father. You aren't going to die, you are going to come back to me. Luca you promised," she spoke, her voice breaking. Tears already streaming down her cheeks.

"I know, but this the only way."

"You want me to look into Sebastian's eyes and tell him his father died. Lie to him, lie to our children."

"I am trying to protect you and the kids."

"With lies?" She asked, her eyes lingering with tears.

"Tell me Clara is there another way to keep our children safe from the enemies..." I tried to reason with her.

"That guy was on them?" She asked.

"Yes. Listen to me Clara, I have everything taken cared of. I already bought an apartment it has everything in it. After you give birth, I will have to leave. And you will have to continue living."

"We never do get a happy ending..." she mumbled.

"This is not the end," I told her and hugged her.

***
Thanks for reading.❤️
(Sorry for the late update.)